Question Any idea about Ecobee Smart Thermostat?

Benjamin22044

Great
BANNED
Aug 17, 2020
Ecobee and Nest are always in competition in the market when it comes to thermostat but I think Ecobee has a slight edge and this is why I am planning to buy an Ecobee Smart Thermostat that costs $249. This is actually a new-gen smart thermostat with way more features and voice control. It is powered by a 1.5GHz MediaTek processor and I came to know that Ecobee has added support for Alexa Calling, Messaging, and Drop-In as well. Besides Amazon Music, iHeart Radio, and Pandora music streaming, it also enables you to stream Spotify music and play it directly from the thermostat or stream it to a Bluetooth speaker. No doubt, it looks quite good at the price and has 12 ports for distinct home products. What do you think?

USAFRet

Titan
What do I think?

A house thermostat with all that junk is a disaster waiting to happen.
Calling
Messaging
Amazon Music
iHeart Radio
Spotify
Bluetooth

Why on earth would you introduce all those potential vulnerabilities in what should be a relatively simple device, thata only needs to control the house HVAC?
Personally, that would be on my list of "Never ever under any circumstances".

You couldn't pay me to install that in my house.

D

Deleted member 217926

I've had an Ecobee for about 3 years. No problems at all. Mine is a Gen 2 without all the Alexa / Amazon integration and extras though.