[SOLVED] Any ideas on fixing GPU artifacts most likely caused by vram issues?

Solution
No, trying to replace the vram would be the worse possible option, I only included that link for lolz. If you are sure the problem isn’t in software or something minor such as a bad display connection or overheating, the best option is to replace the gpu.

Even a gt 1030 would be magnitudes better than what you currently have… some other options if youre on a tight budget would be a gtx 750 ti, gt 710, gt 730, rx 550, rx 560. Those cards are relatively cheap (specially gt 710, 730) compared to other cards these days.

prices of the (used) gtx 1050 ti are starting to be a bit more reasonable if you want more performance.

Jmi20

Prominent
Jun 5, 2020
What gpu is this? Is it overclocked? Are you sure the vram is at fault and not a software/overclocking issue?

if you're sure its the ram then theres no fix…. Maybe if you're brave and skilled enough theres also something like this.

BoomBoomBot

Prominent
Jan 19, 2021
What gpu is this? Is it overclocked? Are you sure the vram is at fault and not a software/overclocking issue?

if you're sure its the ram then theres no fix…. Maybe if you're brave and skilled enough theres also something like this.
Its an old quadro fx 4600. overclocking isnt even possible as far as im aware. the problem stems from the age of the card itself as its already 10 years old. though aside from the artifacting it still does its job. so i guess trying to replace the vram would be my best option if i can even find some spare ones for an euro or something.

Jmi20

Prominent
Jun 5, 2020
No, trying to replace the vram would be the worse possible option, I only included that link for lolz. If you are sure the problem isn’t in software or something minor such as a bad display connection or overheating, the best option is to replace the gpu.

Even a gt 1030 would be magnitudes better than what you currently have… some other options if youre on a tight budget would be a gtx 750 ti, gt 710, gt 730, rx 550, rx 560. Those cards are relatively cheap (specially gt 710, 730) compared to other cards these days.

prices of the (used) gtx 1050 ti are starting to be a bit more reasonable if you want more performance.

Solution

BoomBoomBot

Prominent
Jan 19, 2021
The machine is primarily used for network regulation accross multiple pcs. I was hoping that i wouldnt need to buy a new gpu since it doesnt have integrated graphics. Though for now it is still useable as it seems the problem is only visual, though for how long... Well i guess ill shell out a bit of money for a used 710 or something.

Jmi20

Prominent
Jun 5, 2020
I see, it is difficult to determine when exactly it would fail totally. But if you could still cope with the artifacts, i dont think theres any rush buying a replacement.

you could also make do with something like a gts 250. Those things are only about $15 in my area.