[SOLVED] Any new solutions to pre historic dilema (and hardwhere)?

Axer 88

Prominent
Feb 7, 2021
Any new solutions to pre historic dilema (and hardwhere)?

Currently (no pun intended) drawing 98w total with i7 and looking to drop that by 17w with a xeon'25v2 upgrade (have a 2gb1030 card awaiting a 4gb750).
(original psu is 340w on a hp1494 board)

Can anyone suggest as to where i should draw 188w to molex (in a riser with 12v 2A own supply to pci), connect a Tesla M1060 graphics card for mining (it was cheap), and what leads are required?

I have gtx 750 on route but that's for another project.

Thanks in advance- all suggestions welcome.
Giving up is not an option.

Last edited:
Solution
You can't safely run that card with your current PSU.

It needs a 8+6 pin which you do not have, and molex/sata adapters are not safe, expcially with a card that draws nearly 200w.

Plus you really need 450+ watts.
What motherboard do you have that can take both an i7 and an xeon CPU?!
Anyway you can just limit the TDP of the CPU, or in other words downclock it from the bios so that it draws less power at maximum load.
As already said, an older GPU is going to be less efficient.

Axer 88

Prominent
Feb 7, 2021
What motherboard do you have that can take both an i7 and an xeon CPU?!
Anyway you can just limit the TDP of the CPU, or in other words downclock it from the bios so that it draws less power at maximum load.
As already said, an older GPU is going to be less efficient.

Thanks yeah- the psu seems like the next thing on the list though the oem psu on the soon to be xeon 1225v2 pc (lga1155) has a 340watt supply drawing less then a 3rd for cpu mining. However the project fujisu esprimo D2841 (duo core) which i suppose now is getting the gtx750 4gb (for gpu mining) is more in need of a mini 450w psu as it's current oem supply is only 250w.

The project has easier riser connection and more floor space to add gpus later so maybe a higher w supply could be installed as long as it's small enough to fit the case/

Any recommendations on such a psu?

Last edited: