Any reason my Canon can't make a Printer with A3 and Cd/dv..

I know the have one but that 9990 or whatever is way to expensive and
thats the BEST phoprinter you can get.

I just want one like the i6500 or somthing with A3 and DVD/cd printing
?????

Any idea why. I think Epson have some. Though i could be wrong.

Thanks.

On Holidays wrote:

>I know the have one but that 9990 or whatever is way to expensive and
>thats the BEST phoprinter you can get.

It is under $400.

On Holidays wrote:
> I know the have one but that 9990 or whatever is way to expensive and
> thats the BEST phoprinter you can get.
>
> I just want one like the i6500 or somthing with A3 and DVD/cd printing
> ?????
>
> Any idea why. I think Epson have some. Though i could be wrong.
>
> Thanks.

They can - and have. I have one sitting on the cabinet across from my desk
(i9950). Unfortunately, it's only available in Europe (and Commonwealth
countries).

Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:

>On Holidays wrote:
>

>>I know the have one but that 9990 or whatever is way to expensive and
>>thats the BEST phoprinter you can get.
>>
>>I just want one like the i6500 or somthing with A3 and DVD/cd printing
>>?????
>>
>>Any idea why. I think Epson have some. Though i could be wrong.
>>
>>Thanks.
>>

>They can - and have. I have one sitting on the cabinet across from my desk
>(i9950). Unfortunately, it's only available in Europe (and Commonwealth
>countries).

That is effectively inaccurate. The i9900 and the i9950 are the same
printer sold in different parts of the world.

Well the i9950 is the only one with Cd/dvd printing and A3 in my
country Australia.

On Sun, 29 May 2005 21:35:08 GMT, measekite <measekite@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:
>
>>On Holidays wrote:
>>

>>>I know the have one but that 9990 or whatever is way to expensive and
>>>thats the BEST phoprinter you can get.
>>>
>>>I just want one like the i6500 or somthing with A3 and DVD/cd printing
>>>?????
>>>
>>>Any idea why. I think Epson have some. Though i could be wrong.
>>>
>>>Thanks.
>>>

>>They can - and have. I have one sitting on the cabinet across from my desk
>>(i9950). Unfortunately, it's only available in Europe (and Commonwealth
>>countries).
>>

>That is effectively inaccurate. The i9900 and the i9950 are the same
>printer sold in different parts of the world.

frederick

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2004

measekite wrote:

> Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:
>
>> On Holidays wrote:
>>

>>> I know the have one but that 9990 or whatever is way to expensive and
>>> thats the BEST phoprinter you can get.
>>>
>>> I just want one like the i6500 or somthing with A3 and DVD/cd printing
>>> ?????
>>>
>>> Any idea why. I think Epson have some. Though i could be wrong.
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>

>> They can - and have. I have one sitting on the cabinet across from my
>> desk (i9950). Unfortunately, it's only available in Europe (and
>> Commonwealth countries).
>>

> That is effectively inaccurate. The i9900 and the i9950 are the same
> printer sold in different parts of the world.

In the context of the OP's question, it is accurate. The i9950
available outside of North America prints CDs and DVDs.

If the OP wants to print CDs and high quality photos, lives in the USA,
but doesn't want to pay the premium for an A3+ size printer, then the
Epson R800 may fit the bill.

IIRC, lack of CD printing on printer models sold in the US has something
to do with license fees. Epson seem to have bitten the bullet - but I
have no idea whether they told the license holders where to stick their
demands, or whether the economics of producing two models for different
markets exceeded the cost of paying the fee.

If paying a fee to license holders for the ability to print on CDs is
reasonable, then why don't you pay a license fee when you buy a CD
marking pen?

"Frederick" <nomailplease@nomail.com> wrote in message
> measekite wrote:
>

>> Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:

>>> They can - and have. I have one sitting on the cabinet across from my
>>> desk (i9950). Unfortunately, it's only available in Europe (and
>>> Commonwealth countries).
>>>

>> That is effectively inaccurate. The i9900 and the i9950 are the same
>> printer sold in different parts of the world.
>
> In the context of the OP's question, it is accurate. The i9950 available
> outside of North America prints CDs and DVDs.
>
> If the OP wants to print CDs and high quality photos, lives in the USA,
> but doesn't want to pay the premium for an A3+ size printer, then the
> Epson R800 may fit the bill.
>
> IIRC, lack of CD printing on printer models sold in the US has something
> to do with license fees. Epson seem to have bitten the bullet - but I
> have no idea whether they told the license holders where to stick their
> demands, or whether the economics of producing two models for different
> markets exceeded the cost of paying the fee.
>
> If paying a fee to license holders for the ability to print on CDs is
> reasonable, then why don't you pay a license fee when you buy a CD marking
> pen?

I was told (from a friend of a friend type of thing) - that Epson
*themseleves* hold the patent (U.S only?) for printing on CD/DVDs.

frederick

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2004

Ivor Floppy wrote:

> "Frederick" <nomailplease@nomail.com> wrote in message
>
>>measekite wrote:

>>>That is effectively inaccurate. The i9900 and the i9950 are the same
>>>printer sold in different parts of the world.
>>
>>In the context of the OP's question, it is accurate. The i9950 available
>>outside of North America prints CDs and DVDs.
>>
>>If the OP wants to print CDs and high quality photos, lives in the USA,
>>but doesn't want to pay the premium for an A3+ size printer, then the
>>Epson R800 may fit the bill.
>>
>>IIRC, lack of CD printing on printer models sold in the US has something
>>to do with license fees. Epson seem to have bitten the bullet - but I
>>have no idea whether they told the license holders where to stick their
>>demands, or whether the economics of producing two models for different
>>markets exceeded the cost of paying the fee.
>>
>>If paying a fee to license holders for the ability to print on CDs is
>>reasonable, then why don't you pay a license fee when you buy a CD marking
>>pen?
>

> I was told (from a friend of a friend type of thing) - that Epson
> *themseleves* hold the patent (U.S only?) for printing on CD/DVDs.

Lol - that might explain it...
Although even Epson has made "US" versions of their printers, sans CD
printing (2100 vs 2200).
We surely do live in interesting times.
Is being a lawyer a respected and well paid job in the US?

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

>Lol - that might explain it...
>Although even Epson has made "US" versions of their printers, sans CD
>printing (2100 vs 2200).
>We surely do live in interesting times.
>Is being a lawyer a respected and well paid job in the US?

Well it's one of those but not necessarily both <g>.
Tony

Frederick wrote:

> Ivor Floppy wrote:
>
>> "Frederick" <nomailplease@nomail.com> wrote in message

>>> In the context of the OP's question, it is accurate. The i9950
>>> available outside of North America prints CDs and DVDs.
>>>
>>> If the OP wants to print CDs and high quality photos, lives in the
>>> USA, but doesn't want to pay the premium for an A3+ size printer,
>>> then the Epson R800 may fit the bill.
>>>
>>> IIRC, lack of CD printing on printer models sold in the US has
>>> something to do with license fees. Epson seem to have bitten the
>>> bullet - but I have no idea whether they told the license holders
>>> where to stick their demands, or whether the economics of producing
>>> two models for different markets exceeded the cost of paying the fee.
>>>
>>> If paying a fee to license holders for the ability to print on CDs
>>> is reasonable, then why don't you pay a license fee when you buy a
>>> CD marking pen?
>>

>> I was told (from a friend of a friend type of thing) - that Epson
>> *themseleves* hold the patent (U.S only?) for printing on CD/DVDs.
>>
> Lol - that might explain it...
> Although even Epson has made "US" versions of their printers, sans CD
> printing (2100 vs 2200).
> We surely do live in interesting times.
> Is being a lawyer a respected and well paid job in the US?

It is well paid.

Toby

The wags say that it will be a day of rejoicing when the last lawyer is
strangled with the entrails of the last priest...

Toby

> Ivor Floppy wrote:
>
>> "Frederick" <nomailplease@nomail.com> wrote in message

>>>In the context of the OP's question, it is accurate. The i9950 available
>>>outside of North America prints CDs and DVDs.
>>>
>>>If the OP wants to print CDs and high quality photos, lives in the USA,
>>>but doesn't want to pay the premium for an A3+ size printer, then the
>>>Epson R800 may fit the bill.
>>>
>>>IIRC, lack of CD printing on printer models sold in the US has something
>>>to do with license fees. Epson seem to have bitten the bullet - but I
>>>have no idea whether they told the license holders where to stick their
>>>demands, or whether the economics of producing two models for different
>>>markets exceeded the cost of paying the fee.
>>>
>>>If paying a fee to license holders for the ability to print on CDs is
>>>reasonable, then why don't you pay a license fee when you buy a CD
>>>marking pen?
>>

>> I was told (from a friend of a friend type of thing) - that Epson
>> *themseleves* hold the patent (U.S only?) for printing on CD/DVDs.
>>
> Lol - that might explain it...
> Although even Epson has made "US" versions of their printers, sans CD
> printing (2100 vs 2200).
> We surely do live in interesting times.
> Is being a lawyer a respected and well paid job in the US?

You could try joining the discussion here: http://snipurl.com/f90t

With a little perseverence and luck, you could get a 9900 for under
400, and might end up with a really nice DVD/CD printer too.

Just don't expect to get it figured out overnight, if at all. It's
taken months to have arrived at a workaround solution to getting US
ip3/4/5000's to print on recordable media. Still, I'd love to see the
same sort of solution work for my soon to arrive Canon mp760, and
believe that if it can be done for one type of Canon, it can be done
for others.

Michael

measekite wrote:
> Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:
>
>> On Holidays wrote:
>>

>>> I know the have one but that 9990 or whatever is way to expensive
>>> and thats the BEST phoprinter you can get.
>>>
>>> I just want one like the i6500 or somthing with A3 and DVD/cd
>>> printing ?????
>>>
>>> Any idea why. I think Epson have some. Though i could be wrong.
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>

>> They can - and have. I have one sitting on the cabinet across from
>> my desk (i9950). Unfortunately, it's only available in Europe (and
>> Commonwealth countries).
>>

> That is effectively inaccurate. The i9900 and the i9950 are the same
> printer sold in different parts of the world.

I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you really *ARE* an
idiot, aren't you? They are *NOT* the same - the i9900 does *NOT* have
optical media printing capabilities. How can they be the same?

Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:

>measekite wrote:
>

>>Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:

>>>They can - and have. I have one sitting on the cabinet across from
>>>my desk (i9950). Unfortunately, it's only available in Europe (and
>>>Commonwealth countries).
>>>

>>That is effectively inaccurate. The i9900 and the i9950 are the same
>>printer sold in different parts of the world.
>>

>I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you really *ARE* an
>idiot, aren't you? They are *NOT* the same - the i9900 does *NOT* have
>optical media printing capabilities. How can they be the same?

Are you on the rag again.

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:
> measekite wrote:
>
>>Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:

>>>They can - and have. I have one sitting on the cabinet across from
>>>my desk (i9950). Unfortunately, it's only available in Europe (and
>>>Commonwealth countries).
>>>

>>That is effectively inaccurate. The i9900 and the i9950 are the same
>>printer sold in different parts of the world.
>

> I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you really *ARE* an
> idiot, aren't you? They are *NOT* the same - the i9900 does *NOT* have
> optical media printing capabilities. How can they be the same?

There not (I've got one) and you're right, he's and idiot!
Frank

Frank wrote:

> Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:
>
>> measekite wrote:

>>> That is effectively inaccurate. The i9900 and the i9950 are the same
>>> printer sold in different parts of the world.
>>

>> I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you really
>> *ARE* an idiot, aren't you? They are *NOT* the same - the i9900 does
>> *NOT* have optical media printing capabilities. How can they be the
>> same?
>>
> There not (I've got one) and you're right, he's and idiot!
> Frank

FRANKIE DA JERKIE CRANKIE DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO COUNT TO ONE.

TRENDING THREADS