Question Any review on corsair cx550 (grey model)?

DINEsh6252

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2012
Can anyone give me a link to corsair cx550 new grey model. I have searched everywhere but can't find any. I want to know hold up time and the main cap. Used in it.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Far as I can learn it is made by two different manufacturers. Some made by Great Wall and some by Channel Well Technologies. Capacitors may differ between models.

Also that they adopted the older CX550m design from the green label models. So I believe you can just use those reviews for a general idea.

Also that is actually Silver rated or near enough, but it is sold under Bronze (probably to make gold more appealing)

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
From Darkbreeze's post on PSUs (see the link in my sig)
The CX and CXm units are ok as a budget option, but I do not recommend pairing them with gaming cards. The newer 2017 models of CX and CXm are better than the older ones, but still not what we'd call terrific. Even so, in a real financial pinch, or if there are simply no other good models available to you, then the GRAY label Corsair CX and CXM units are passable. You would be wise to avoid the GREEN label models.

Aside from that, any of the TX, RM, RMx, RMi, HX, HXi, AX or AXi units are good. Those are listed from good to best, with the best of these Corsair models being the AX and AXi units.