Any Streaming TV Service have channel surfing (up & down on a "remote") yet?

Ban Cheaters

Reputable
Dec 6, 2014
Any Streaming TV Service have channel surfing (up & down on a "remote") Keyboard etc, YET? The only thing keeping us from moving to one of the Streaming TV Sevices is not being able to channel surf without backing out and choosing a specific network when I tried some out last year. Any service tackle this yet? Whoever does with a modicum of ease will have a huge advantage in selling their product.
Does anyone have a service that has this ability or have a service to recommend before I try random services?

Thanks for any and all info/help.

no, there is not one that I know of.

this is one of the reasons i gave up cable tv. hated the interface. i would rather look at stuff in my queue and play stuff i care about. that's the whole point of iptv, choosing what YOU want. the services give you tools to build a queue of stuff to watch.

i don't think online services are hurting for customers.

maybe you have not experienced a descent streamer, like an Apple TV or a top of line Roku, not the cheap crap

Ban Cheaters

Reputable
Dec 6, 2014

It's isn't me that minds doing it your way but when you have 70+-year-old parents to consider who are used to things a certain way, I would think any service that caters a little to the older folks would gain an advantage. I didn't say they were hurting but the way I see it, how hard can it be to make that an option? To move up or down through the channels you have paid for without backing out and into everything? I'm not suggesting to get rid of the way it;s done now, I'm suggesting older folks would be more receptive if they had the option to "Channel Surf" so it is something more familiar to them. I certainly am not buying Cable TV for my parents and a streaming service too so if there was one with that option, I would move from Cable TV which I despise but for now, is a necessity. Thanks

yeah, for you it requires a cable tv service for surfing channels. because with streaming you subscribe to your services, like Netflix and Hulu. they each respectively have huge online libraries, there is no way a surfing option would do anyone any good, would you surf through 100,000+ titles? Not likely. So, they either learn something new (yes they can learn) or you keep cable. there is no concept of a channel either, really. you have available videos. Netflix and Hulu will continue to play show after show that you are watching.

their problem is that they don't like choice, they like to be told what to watch on someone else schedule.

just understand that they do not broadcast shows or movies with streaming. you have to initiate the stream to watch it, and it's great, you can stop whenever and continue whenever you choose. back up whenever, it's way better.