[SOLVED] Any tips on system I'm building?

Jhonan

Honorable
Aug 2, 2017
I'm in the middle of buying the parts for my new pc, and I wanted a little help to make sure I didn't made a mistake picking any of the parts.

The parts are:
Gigabyte B450 I Aorus Pro Wifi (Already bought it)
R5 2600X
1x 16gb 2666MHz Adata XPG Flame (I'm getting a second one a bit after finishing the pc)
GTX 1650 Super 4gb ASUS TUF
1x 1TB HDD Seagate Barracuda (Already bought it)
1x 240GB Kingston A2000
Corsair CX750M 80 Plus Bronze
Thermaltake Core V1

I want to upgrade graphics and processor down the line, that why I choose a hight-wattage PSU. Any help on that would help a lot too ^^ I've read it's good.

Thanks a lot in advance and sorry if my english isn't perfect.

Last edited:
Solution
Thanks for the help ^^ I'm planning on getting that second stick after the fact as an upgrade (filling the two slots the mobo has). How harmfull for performance is having just one?

you could try getting a 2nd stick down the road but if you even manage to get the same stick with the same specs but it is still considered mixing and matching ram which can cause many issues and if not you will defiently run into performance issues

the ram they sell in kits has been tested to work togther to make sure it gives the best perfomance

Jhonan

Honorable
Aug 2, 2017
I would go with either 2x8GB RAM or 2x16GB RAM as you will half your bandwidth by using one stick in single channel mode. I would also get at least 3000Mhz or 3200Mhz

Get 2x8gb RAM so it can run in dual channel. This will have a significant impact on performance.

Thanks for the help ^^ I'm planning on getting that second stick after the fact as an upgrade (filling the two slots the mobo has). How harmfull for performance is having just one?

A single stick can make a significant difference to performance, just Google reviews. Planning to add another 16gb later is not guaranteed to work without issue, RAM is best bought as a matched kit to avoid issues.

if on a semi-budget (2600 over a 3600 implies as much), then certainly a 16 GB kit (2 x 8 GB modules) of 3200 MHz RAM is often recommended. Buying two single sticks is not the same thing, there is no implied certainty the two sticks will work together seemelessly..,hence the double/quad stick tested/certified kits...

you could try getting a 2nd stick down the road but if you even manage to get the same stick with the same specs but it is still considered mixing and matching ram which can cause many issues and if not you will defiently run into performance issues

the ram they sell in kits has been tested to work togther to make sure it gives the best perfomance

Solution