Question Anyone have any experience with HDPLEX 500W HiFi DC-ATX? What is the optimal input for that power supply?

reaper89971

Prominent
Jun 2, 2023
I just purchased this power supply and do not have it yet. The HDPLEX 500W HiFi DC-ATX.
https://hdplex.com/hdplex-500w-hi-fi-dc-atx-power-supply-12v-48v-wide-range-voltage-input.html

It has a really wide range of input voltage 12v-48v but does not mention amperage,

Wondering what voltage and amperage would make it run optimally?

I need the power supply to give me at least 400 watts on the 12v rail to power my system comfortably or at least that is what is recommended for my system kinda i can't get an exact power supply calculator to tell me how much power i need.

The system i intend on building
Sleeper PC:
Case number 1 problem: Fat Playstation 2 SCPH 30000
Motherboard Asrock mini industrial IMB-1220-D

(10th gen this board is the newest gen board with the power plug on the left side and that is really important when it comes to fitment also its a lga 1200, the lga 1700 is alot bigger harder to fit in there the heat sink i mean)

CPU intel i9-10900 65watt tdp but goes up to 224 watts when boosted
Graphics card the PNY Nvidia T1000 8gb gddr6 single slot supposidly goes up to 50watts maximum current draw
Ram Vengence DDR4 2933 mhz ram 32gb 2 modules
Hard drive Samsung 870evo 4tb
Power supply: not sure yet
Cooling: still figuring that out. I might do several 35mm fans that will have there own power
Heat sink: ID cooling 30mm

The second problem is Power I found a pico power supply 600 watts but it is from china and is unbranded witch means it could be great or it could be horrible Unbranded is a little risky in my opinion. Or i go with the above power supply witch has a brand and is only 31mm high and should fit in the case.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Are you trying to use this for a camper/car/boat type application?

I may not be understanding the assignment, but it would seem to me to consider your build from a traditional point of view insofar as even using a regular 120VAC power supply in it. Run calculations out of a wall socket with a tool to read draw and then select a DC to AC converter of the proper output.
Most often, the type you are wanting will be drawing directly from the battery itself so Amp draw on that side won't be any concern at all. Typically these will come with a 15A fuse link on the output side, so pretty much like a standard wall plug in a home (United States).

edit- and just as an aside, if this is running directly from a battery be sure to install a proper sized fusible link inline in case of a short or whatnot

reaper89971

Prominent
Jun 2, 2023
Are you trying to use this for a camper/car/boat type application?

I may not be understanding the assignment, but it would seem to me to consider your build from a traditional point of view insofar as even using a regular 120VAC power supply in it. Run calculations out of a wall socket with a tool to read draw and then select a DC to AC converter of the proper output.
Most often, the type you are wanting will be drawing directly from the battery itself so Amp draw on that side won't be any concern at all. Typically these will come with a 15A fuse link on the output side, so pretty much like a standard wall plug in a home (United States).

edit- and just as an aside, if this is running directly from a battery be sure to install a proper sized fusible link inline in case of a short or whatnot
I was going to run it using some type of power supply not a battery.
Im going to build a computer inside of a playstation 2 case and was going to cram that power supply into the case.

I just don't know what amperage would make the power supply run optimally? I know the voltage input but not the amperage