Anyone remember these Classic PC Games?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SamuraiGoat

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
i havn't seen anyone say StarControl yet
police quest
comander keen, any of them they all rocked
duke nukem 1,2,and 3
Axis and Allies
thats all i remember

mickeddie

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2004
What was the game series from 89-90 that took full advantage of VGA? It was a PI adventure game. I think one of them took place on Mars.

My favorites of all time were Aces of the Pacific and Aces over Europe (Dynamix/Sierra). Those were the days. ;) Have to admit, sometimes I wish it were like the old DOS days of having to make a boot disk for every game I wanted to play. At least then I wasn't scouring the internet looking for updates/patches to download and hoping they actually fixed my problems. ;)

rbarone69

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
Worms was great.

Now cant forget Eye of the Beholder!!! How could nobody mention that great 3dlike RPG game! I remember getting my graph paper out and mapping all the dungeons.

Nova 9 was a good tank game for the 286, good graphics and fun to shoot things down.

Chuck Yeagers flight simulator was fun.

LHS attack chopper was also a great helicopter game. Not too many of those around even today.

Cant forget Bane of the Cosmic Forge as a good role playing game! (Wiz 3 I *think*) Those amazon women with no top were great to look at in EGA.

Er ummm... I was young ok!

illuminatirex

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2006
Those amazon women with no top were great to look at in EGA.

Er ummm... I was young ok!

....2 bad the devs do not remember those times :cry: :wink: , would be nice to hm....play lara in that "mode" :wink: lol.....lol but then the title would have to change...hm..."rider"? :wink: lol :twisted:

rbarone69

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
Oh that's a great laugh for the morning!

Rider.... Lol

I think back then, larry and other games had such poor graphics parents didnt scream as they would now.

infornography42

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
The games that devoured my youth were "Elite II Frontier", "Battletech: Crescent Hawk's Inception", "Demolition Mission", "Archon II", "Jupiter Lander", "Marble Madness", "Street Fighter 2", and a huge box of other floppy disks for the Commodore 64 and Amiga computers.

hellraiser06

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2006
hey did anybody play broderbund's original prince of persia?????????released way back in 1985........carmen sandiego?????????pitfall........dave..........space commanders.............and many more i cant remember as i was only 8 years old in 93 and played all these and many more games on my 286 wid 640 kb ram and i dont know what the hard disk was :)
good old days.......

FoMoCo

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
jack nicholas golf and qbasic nibbles and gorrila...I would spend hours upon hours playing those on the ol' 386, 640k ram, 64mb hdd...it was a sad day when that bad boy blew up (not really tho since it was '97 and it meant we finally got to upgrade)

Kelkins

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2006
My first PC game was either Star Trek on cp/m based machine, or Adventure.
All the Infocom games, Zork, robotron on a home built Apple, All of the Origin and Micrporse games Wing Commander, Darklands, Mixed up MotherGoose, Oregon trail. My rig at the time was an original PC1 16/64, single sided dual drives at 4.77mhz DOS 1.25- Dos6.22 replaced the original power supply 63 watt with a PC Cooling 140 watt, that was updated over and over til in its final stages it was a 386 dx-20(Gallant computer systems motherboard), with dual 40mb(st-251n) running a compression card that made the system drives and 4mb ram, then I went to a 486 machine.

Kelkins

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2006
One game i never see mentioned is When worlds Collide it required an Aria sound card to play, but after that it was all voice control or you could use a mouse.

Kelkins

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2006
How about
Purple Saturn Day
The Leather Goddesses of Phobos
Marble Madness
Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy
Adventure
Darkseed
Magic Lantern
Wizardry
Robotron
Darklands
Q-bert
And a game that required Windows 1.0 where you tried to form alliances and take out everybody.
And how about the mudds (pre internet) like duke nukem that were turn based on the old bulletin board system.