Anyone tried using Remote Desktop on their netbooks with Windows 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

twistyblue

Honorable
Feb 3, 2014
My plan is to install windows 10 on my old old Samsung NC10 netbook with a N270 atom processor. I read few other forums, which states they were able to run Windows 10 on N280 atom processors with alright performances. My goal is to run windows 10 so I can run the Remote Desktop app to my main desktop. That way the netbook does not have to install MS office or any other applications, so that the netbook will not ever have to waste resources on anything. If this is applicable, I want my desktop to run headless and stowed away. So I want to know if it is possible. I see that the RD app can run on ARM processors, (such as surface RT). What does everyone else think? I have one extra windows 7 home key that I can use, but do not want to waste it if netbook will run like crap. Or will be smarter overall to just sell the netbook and get myself a used Surface RT. Hoping to hear back from the community thanks!

Solution
Yes it will run just fine.

However DO NOT use a Microsoft account on the client PC, for some reason I cannot get RDP to work when the client computer has a Microsoft account activated on it. If I use a regular account on both PCs it works fine.

twistyblue

Honorable
Feb 3, 2014

Thanks for your help. So RDP doesn't take much resources correct? and when you suggest regular accounts you're talking about Local accounts correct?

Yes and Yes. :)

The nice thing about RDP is that it will save a lot of bandwidth when your not running something graphically intensive thru RDP. So for example, say your just moving the mouse around with a browser window open, the RDP host will only send the movement of the mouse thru the internet connection and not the entire frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.