Question anyone used a tablet for site surveys

t3rm3y

Distinguished
May 29, 2012
Hi, i need a tablet to carry out site surveys for work, as a laptop is too bulky,
it doesnt need to do much just carry around, make notes on excel, take some photos, and ideally have a pen for easy writing.
Does anyone use a tablet for work? or for surveying sites for IT projects and the like? what would you recommend? (budge needs to be kept down as its likely a one off or rarely used, and possibly shared among a small team.
Laptop is mostly used on site.

kanewolf

Titan
Hi, i need a tablet to carry out site surveys for work, as a laptop is too bulky,
it doesnt need to do much just carry around, make notes on excel, take some photos, and ideally have a pen for easy writing.
Does anyone use a tablet for work? or for surveying sites for IT projects and the like? what would you recommend? (budge needs to be kept down as its likely a one off or rarely used, and possibly shared among a small team.
Laptop is mostly used on site.
What do you currently use for photography during site surveys?

t3rm3y

Distinguished
May 29, 2012
i use my mobile for photos, but i need something bigger then a mobile for the survey notes, excel / word / etc, some sort of data collating application, and the device needs to be smaller and lighter then a laptop.

t3rm3y

Distinguished
May 29, 2012
thats what i was thinking, only really need excel though, and basic cells, no formulas etc. there just too many , some are obvious junk, some are high priced, most dont include a stylus.