Question Anyone With Crucial MX500 (500GB) (M3CR045 Firmware) Having Very High FTL Program Page Count ??!!

worstalentscout

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2016
i got my MX500 (500GB) (M3CR045 firmware) on 15/3/23 and connected to the PC via USB - it's not detected by 'My Computer' but detected by Crucial Storage Executive + Speccy + CrystalDiskInfo + HD Sentinel........

After 6 hours (unused) the FTL Program page count is 2866 while Host Program page count is just 2 !! ...........2+ hours later, the FTL Program page count went to 3013 while Host Program page count is only 6............!!.............Total Writes is just 20.48KB...........so does this mean the memory cells will wear out much faster than normal ??

could it be that the FTL Program page count is so high due to HD Tune scan and Crucial Storage Executive extended self-test with reads and writes ??

This SSD has M3CR045 firmware (i heard this firmware has serious issues) so should i update to M3CR046 firmware ?

i also have 2 other MX500 (250GB) - both with M3CR043 firmware and working fine, should i update both of them to M3CR046 firmware

This latest update is not present on Crucial's MX500 firmware update page. I wonder why?

BTW, Crucial's support is garbage. There is no way to reach a real human being via email, or at least none that I can find on their web site. Very frustrating. I guess it's a sign of the times.

Last edited:

worstalentscout

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2016
This latest update is not present on Crucial's MX500 firmware update page. I wonder why?

BTW, Crucial's support is garbage. There is no way to reach a real human being via email, or at least none that I can find on their web site. Very frustrating. I guess it's a sign of the times.

yes, no way to reach Crucial...........maybe i can try their FaceBook page ?..........

the firmware is only on the Crucial Storage Executive.............

so the FTL program page count means it's writing to the flash memory ?...........the Total Writes is just 20.48KB though.......