Question Anything else I can try before replacing suspected dead MB (ASRock B150M)

Mar 21, 2022
After several power cuts in quick succession, my freenas box stopped booting. Powers on but no display. Have tried reprogramming the bios chip using a CH341A, seemed to go fine however made no difference. From a couple of dozen boot attempts, only once was there briefly a display. BIOS came up, then after a couple of seconds it went green and froze (see photo). Is there anything else I can try to confirm that its the MB at fault? Have tried a known good spare PSU. Don't have a spare 1151 socket CPU to test.

qWGdvu.jpg

After several power cuts in quick succession, my freenas box stopped booting. Powers on but no display. Have tried reprogramming the bios chip using a CH341A, seemed to go fine however made no difference. From a couple of dozen boot attempts, only once was there briefly a display. BIOS came up, then after a couple of seconds it went green and froze (see photo). Is there anything else I can try to confirm that its the MB at fault? Have tried a known good spare PSU. Don't have a spare 1151 socket CPU to test.

qWGdvu.jpg
Check RAM too.

TRENDING THREADS