AOC AG251FZ 240Hz FreeSync Monitor Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newtoobuilding

Commendable
Nov 21, 2016
Would absolutely LOVE this for Quake live or Quake champions!!!!

wonder if 1060 gtx would be anywhere close to supporting it

alextheblue

Distinguished
If you don't see the point in a display like this, you're obviously not in the target audience. I keep seeing comments on TN gaming display reviews that are absolutely ridiculous. This thing is about speed. Why are you reading a review of a 240hz TN gaming display? Go find reviews of different panel tech. That would be like commenting on a review of a professional IPS display, and pissing and moaning about the input lag and the low refresh rate. Do you also comment on reviews of sports cars and whine about the lack of third row seating and the low ground clearance? Simply incredible.

Also, why is Tom's still using a 285 for their Freesync reviews? Even a 580 would help you put the display through it's paces a little bit more.

mrmez

Splendid

I'd like to know what graphics card would be running that.
You know, since a 1080ti can barely crack 60fps @ 4k in GTAV.

MaCk0y

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2013
Can always use Custom Resolution Utility to increase the freesync range from 48Hz to a lower value. I have mine changed from 48 to 30. Not like it would be a good experience playing at that framerate though at least for an FPS.

AgentLozen

Distinguished
May 2, 2011
I like the people who dismiss this monitor based on some superficial quality.

"No CI / Common Interface? .. pass."
"Contrast 1000:1 Next!"
"Isn't a 10-bit AMVA panel? Skip."
"It doesn't come in green? Try again."

I like ALEXTHEBLUE's summary:

edit:
This Corvette doesn't seat seven passengers? I don't see the point to this car. Pass.

Porsche 911 GT3: less weight/materials/comforts than a regular 911, also more expensive than a regular 911. German car, VW (again, German) sets the pricing on VW, Porsche, Audi, and Lamborghini as they own the brands. You pay more for performance, even if it strips features.

Not just an American thing.

Contrast measurements are relative. It would be nice if all manufacturers used the same details in measuring it, but they don't. Someones 1000:1 can easily be someone else's 50000:1 or 100000:1

nails

Prominent
Oct 19, 2017
Step 1: Get 240hz monitor
Step 2: Only test it at up to 80fps on old rig
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts