AOC AG271QX Agon 27-inch FreeSync Monitor Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

hannibal

Distinguished
Very good monitor indeed!

Just need 4K monitor that can also go down to 30MHz, and maybe even IPS it would be perfect. But of course it would also cost a lot more.
But a good gaming monitor, this is in anyway. I personally prefer wider wieving angles, with more accurate colors, but that it only a personal preference.

uglyduckling81

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
So Free-sync has the same operating frequency as G-Sync. Remind me why G-Sync monitors more expensive again?
It would be amazing if they would just shit can G-Sync so we aren't screwed over by buying one type or the other.
There is no way in hell I'm buying G-Sync now that Free-Sync is it's equal but far cheaper.

Actually Free-Sync is theoretically better. The bottom refresh rate is 4 Hz, it's just that no monitor has implemented anything like this.

Thanks for the Review. Too bad the BenQ XL2730Z, known now as BenQ Zowie XL2730 (TN/FS, $549) and Acer XG270HU (TN/FS, $469) weren't included as comparison monitors, as the AOC AG271QX seems to be in direct competition with both, especially the BenQ though.

Well the reason is because nVidia is screwing its customers (who mostly lap it up) by leveraging their popularity with proprietary technology in order to maximise profits. So it's just business to them (as it should be, given they have shareholders and board to answer to). Doesn't mean you have to happy about OR support them. I stopped doing just that a few years ago, despite being an nVidiot for almost two decades.

Thor220,
Not quite right. A paper spec and a real product are completely different. In fact, NVidia could go lower more easily since they design the actual module whereas Freesync has to work within the constrains of existing hardware.

Most of the Freesync modules are not at least 2.5x max/min meaning asynchronous range doesn't work on the low end. With GSYNC it works BELOW 30FPS but if you have a 30Hz to 60Hz monitor for Freesync it ONLY works between 30FPS and 60FPS.

There are other issues such as maintaining color control with varying frame times which can also be problematic which is why NVidia decided they should just rip out the guts of the monitor and make a MODULE so everything can work properly together.

Tass G

Prominent
Mar 5, 2017
Just quickly, one of the main features advertised on the AOC website for this monitor is "Adaptive Sync". I'm reading lots of reviews, stating that this works with any GPU brand (AMD/Nvidia). Is this feature truly separate to Freesync? I'm about to buy this monitor and any advice here would be fantastic as I want to make sure this monitor will be worth the money paired up with an Nvidia GPU. Thanks in advance!

uglyduckling81

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011

Pretty sure you need G-Sync for Nvidia. They are not a customer friendly company. It's the reason I don't have an adaptive sync monitor. Don't want to commit to only one side.

Crawmerax

Prominent
Mar 7, 2017
"Image Setup is only accessible when an analog signal is present. Here you can adjust clock, phase, sharpness, and image position." What exactly is an analog signal? I want to access the Image Setup but when I attempt to scroll to the tab, for some odd reason I do not know of the menu simply skips over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS