Question aoc g2460pf monitor not switching to hdmi input

May 4, 2019
i have a brand new AOC G2460pf and when I try to switch to the hdmi input it will not select, the screen just goes to sleep. My newly built PC boots up(colors light up), video card lights up and the fan spins.

MB has only HDMI and Dvi support. The monitor only came with hdmi and display port cable. So I am only using HDMI cable as my PC has no display port.

Monitor did not come with drivers, so I assume it didn't need any and have not installed any drivers, dont know if that matters
How can I fix my monitor?

edir: it switched to hdmi , but monitor instantly went into sleep mode

Last edited:
There are drivers available for your monitor (I have the same), but that would not stop it working. The drivers are used for other things
What part of your computer did you plug the HDMI into?
Also what are your computer specs.
Remember it plugs into the Graphics card, not the motherboard.
But if you are doing that already, plug it into the motherboard and see what happens.

May 4, 2019
There are drivers available for your monitor (I have the same), but that would not stop it working. The drivers are used for other things
What part of your computer did you plug the HDMI into?
Also what are your computer specs.
Remember it plugs into the Graphics card, not the motherboard.
But if you are doing that already, plug it into the motherboard and see what happens.
I plugged the hdmi into the hdmi connection on the back of the pc, that connects to the motherboard. It's an Aorus b450 elite with a geforce 2070 graphics card

The HDMI connects to the Graphics Card, NOT the Motherboard
Remove one of the plastic bits.

jpg