Question AOC Gaming C24G1 24" Mark on right side of screen

Jul 30, 2021
Hey guys, so i'm just wondering if anyone else could tell me what this mark is that is on the right side of this brand new monitor. I got a replacement monitor for it today with the exact same mark pretty much in the same place, does anyone have any idea on what it could be / how to fix it, or if i'd be better off just sending the monitor back
z4CzJ3Z.jpg

Bazzy 505

Respectable
Jul 17, 2021
That looks like a manufacturing defect. Frame and backside of display is nothing more than thin sheetmetal bolted together. Looks like backside and frame weren't bolted together correctly. However all screens are tested after assembly so i find it hard to believe two screens would pass inspection with such defect in a single batch. Is the "replacement" a different serial number than the original monitor ? It looks awfully like they just sent you the same monitor back ;p

If you can, return the screen and ask seller for refund. Than try a different retailer.

Reactions: loucas781
Jul 30, 2021
That looks like a manufacturing defect. Frame and backside of display is nothing more than thin sheetmetal bolted together. Looks like backside and frame weren't bolted together correctly. However all screens are tested after assembly so i find it hard to believe two screens would pass inspection with such defect in a single batch. Is the "replacement" a different serial number than the original monitor ? It looks awfully like they just sent you the same monitor back ;p

If you can, return the screen and ask seller for refund. Than try a different retailer.
Unfortnunatly I had both that one and the replacement one on hand at the time, so it was defiantly two of the exact same issue, which I find to be pretty are but also unfortunate at the same time :( I've ended up sending them both back for a refund and buying a complete different one instead