Question AOC "lifetime" warranty?

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I've a question of you fine folks. Has anyone ever dealt with AOC's lifetime warranty policy?

I picked up a Q27G2G4 some years back and part of the selling point to me was them offering a "lifetime" warranty. As per the directions they stated then I still have the original box and packing as well as the original receipt and can go online and print as well. I have been having an issue that I cannot attribute directly to the monitor, but not really sure what else to consider.

It has three hookups (2) HDMI, and (1) DP. I have off an on had an issue where the monitor will basically just think there is nothing on, no signal, and shut down to power saving mode. It has done this on two completely different systems, both of those tested with integrated and discrete video output, different cables as well. The times it has done so generally are solved by power cycling the monitor and much less often the PC. I have started getting some artifacts as well. At one point this last issue was corrected by turning off hardware acceleration but within the last couple of weeks it is going on in the upper left corner of the screen every day and in some cases multiple times a day.

I expect, of course, that I will have to send it in for them to look at. It has been long enough now that I cannot see them having a NIB replacement and haven't seen any of these around as a refurb. If anyone else has had such an issue specifically with AOC, how did they handle it?

I am a bit reticent to actually send this away. The last time I did so with an unrelated product I ended up getting a really crappy discount instead of the lifetime warranty on that product being honored. It was pretty much "oh we hate that happened, but here is a measly discount coupon for the newer one because we don't sell this product anymore". In this case, so far, the issue hasn't become bad enough that I would rather just not have this monitor, but it is increasing in frequency.

edit- and just an aside to say it has never done so in game, only while on the desktop and/or having a browser open

Lutfij

Titan
Last I recall, it's referred to as Product Lifetime Warranty = if the product is in production, then that's when they will honor the warranty. If the monitor is no longer in production, it's beyond the scope of warranty. If the product is no longer in stock but is in production, then that's when sellers step in to allow you to pick something in their current inventory, if they truly intend to support you.

Reactions: punkncat

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I consider that you are probably right, in spite of it not being exactly how the "advert" for it read. I am hopeful that someone on this forum has dealt with this side of AOC just for a clueing in on how that went for them.

If worst comes to worst I actually feel like I have gotten good service out of this monitor so it wouldn't exactly be heartbreaking if they don't....it would be darned nice if they did too. Thank you @Lutfij .