Question Help Needed: Issues with CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB DDR5 RAM and XMP Profile problem

Jul 26, 2024
Hi,

I recently purchased a CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB DDR5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) 6000 MHz CL36 Intel XMP iCUE RAM (model CMH32GX5M2E6000C36), which I am using with a Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX motherboard and an Intel i7-12700K processor.

Everything is new bought on amazon

When I connect the RAM, both modules work correctly at a speed of 4800 MHz. However, when I activate the XMP profile in the BIOS to run them at 6000 MHz, the PC doesn't display video and keeps restarting.

Here are the tests I performed to diagnose the issue:

1. **Individual Module Testing**: I tested each RAM module individually in slots A2 and B2:
- One module worked correctly at 6000 MHz in both slots.
- The other module caused the PC not to display video and to keep restarting in both slots.

2. **MemTest86 Test**: Both modules passed the MemTest86 test without errors.

Additionally, I contacted Corsair support, and they responded with the following:

"If the memory passed MemTest without errors, then the issue you're experiencing is likely caused by another component, such as the CPU or motherboard. We suggest checking these components to identify the cause of the problem."

Since both RAM modules passed the MemTest86, but one of them still causes issues when activating the XMP profile, I suspect there might be a compatibility problem between the RAM and the motherboard, or possibly an issue with the motherboard itself.

I would appreciate your help in determining if this problem could be related to the motherboard and what additional steps I could take to ensure the motherboard is in perfect working condition.

Thank you in advance for your attention and assistance.🙁🙁

Hi,

I recently purchased a CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB DDR5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) 6000 MHz CL36 Intel XMP iCUE RAM (model CMH32GX5M2E6000C36), which I am using with a Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX motherboard and an Intel i7-12700K processor.

Everything is new bought on amazon

When I connect the RAM, both modules work correctly at a speed of 4800 MHz. However, when I activate the XMP profile in the BIOS to run them at 6000 MHz, the PC doesn't display video and keeps restarting.

Here are the tests I performed to diagnose the issue:

1. **Individual Module Testing**: I tested each RAM module individually in slots A2 and B2:
- One module worked correctly at 6000 MHz in both slots.
- The other module caused the PC not to display video and to keep restarting in both slots.

2. **MemTest86 Test**: Both modules passed the MemTest86 test without errors.

Additionally, I contacted Corsair support, and they responded with the following:

"If the memory passed MemTest without errors, then the issue you're experiencing is likely caused by another component, such as the CPU or motherboard. We suggest checking these components to identify the cause of the problem."

Since both RAM modules passed the MemTest86, but one of them still causes issues when activating the XMP profile, I suspect there might be a compatibility problem between the RAM and the motherboard, or possibly an issue with the motherboard itself.

I would appreciate your help in determining if this problem could be related to the motherboard and what additional steps I could take to ensure the motherboard is in perfect working condition.

Thank you in advance for your attention and assistance.🙁🙁
Hey there,

Could be a compatibility issue. What bios are you running on the mobo? You may need to update it. Be sure to clear CMOS after the bios update.

Jul 26, 2024
Hey there,

Could be a compatibility issue. What bios are you running on the mobo? You may need to update it. Be sure to clear CMOS after the bios update.
The bios I use is f10d, the last version I downloaded and installed before proceeding to activate the xmp, the mobo is version 1.0. My fear is that it is damage from the mobo, I don't know what to do

Jul 26, 2024
Try clearing CMOS regardless. Let's rule it out.
perform clear cmos, it continues to fail with active xmp at 6000, I test each memory individually, one works at 6000 but the other does not, they both work together at the base speed 4800, on the other hand someone suggested that I activate ddr5 booster and the memories went up to 5600, but with xmp it doesn't work, the pc restarts constantly or the screen is black or blue.

Ralston18

Titan
RAM: matched set/kit for dual channel use?

This motherboard?

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileL...1103_e.pdf?v=9328162c224b946a0a1886361ee060f7
(Verifiy that I found the applicable User Manual.)

Review the entire manual to doublecheck all that has been done thus far.

Take a closer look at Section 2-4 (Installing Memory) Page 16.

Confirm that the existing memory is indeed supported, correctly slotted, and configured.

Confirm via Gigabyt's website per the following from 2-4:

"(Go to GIGABYTE's website for the latest supported memory speeds and memory modules.)"

Jul 26, 2024

This motherboard?

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileL...1103_e.pdf?v=9328162c224b946a0a1886361ee060f7

Confirm that the existing memory is indeed supported, correctly slotted, and configured.

"(Go to GIGABYTE's website for the latest supported memory speeds and memory modules.)"
Looking at the manual I see that they are well installed, the version of the ram is CMH32GX5M2E6000C36 Ver.3.43.02 I notice that it says spectek b chip and the chip in my ram is micron🙁🙁 My mobo Will be Bad?

Ralston18

Titan
This:

"My mobo Will be Bad?"

I do not know.

If, as I understand your posts thus far, the RAM is supported, correctly installed, and configured then the motherboard could be bad.

Try to install and configure RAM using each RAM module by itself.

The key is to methodically make changes, of any sort, one change at a time.

Objective being to first achieve a successful stable boot....

Then focus on performance via small, singular changes.

What GPU?

Reading back I noted you posted:

"However, when I activate the XMP profile in the BIOS to run them at 6000 MHz, the PC doesn't display video and keeps restarting."

What is the reason or objective for running at 6000 MHz?

Are there problem with running 4800 or the cited 5600?

My suggestion is to simply get the build set up and configured to run at 4800.

Hopefully the system will be and remain stable.

If that is achievable then I would not expect a hardware problem (bad motherboard) as being the problem.

However, if changing from a motherboard supported 4800 to 5600 as the only change causes problems then the motherboard would be suspect.

But only if 5600 is known to be viable.

Jul 26, 2024

This motherboard?

Looking at the manual I see that they are well installed, the version of the ram is CMH32GX5M2E6000C36 Ver.3.43.02 I notice that it says spectek b chip and the chip in my ram is micron🙁🙁 My mobo Will be bad
This:

"My mobo Will be Bad?"

I do not know.

If, as I understand your posts thus far, the RAM is supported, correctly installed, and configured then the motherboard could be bad.

Try to install and configure RAM using each RAM module by itself.

The key is to methodically make changes, of any sort, one change at a time.

Objective being to first achieve a successful stable boot....

Then focus on performance via small, singular changes.

What GPU?

Reading back I noted you posted:

"However, when I activate the XMP profile in the BIOS to run them at 6000 MHz, the PC doesn't display video and keeps restarting."

What is the reason or objective for running at 6000 MHz?

Are there problem with running 4800 or the cited 5600?

My suggestion is to simply get the build set up and configured to run at 4800.

Hopefully the system will be and remain stable.

If that is achievable then I would not expect a hardware problem (bad motherboard) as being the problem.

However, if changing from a motherboard supported 4800 to 5600 as the only change causes problems then the motherboard would be suspect.

But only if 5600 is known to be viable.
The pc at 4800 works correctly at 5600 it works with ddr5 booster both ram but not with xmp active. I tested each ram module separately, one module worked at 6000 in 2 slots that I tested with xmp active, but the other did not work at 6000. When I set them to 6000, the PC turns on but does not display video or shows the startup animation and restarts. The strange thing is that both rams passed the memtest86. My PC is specifically for gaming. My concern is not so much the ram, I would just like to be able to know if the mobo is perfect, since it cost me a lot and I don't want it to be bad and not be able to complain to Amazon, Amazon refunded me the money for these ram, but I don't know what to do I would like to buy other rams from another brand, but I'm afraid that they will also fail 🙁

Looking at the manual I see that they are well installed, the version of the ram is CMH32GX5M2E6000C36 Ver.3.43.02 I notice that it says spectek b chip and the chip in my ram is micron🙁🙁 My mobo Will be bad

The pc at 4800 works correctly at 5600 it works with ddr5 booster both ram but not with xmp active. I tested each ram module separately, one module worked at 6000 in 2 slots that I tested with xmp active, but the other did not work at 6000. When I set them to 6000, the PC turns on but does not display video or shows the startup animation and restarts. The strange thing is that both rams passed the memtest86. My PC is specifically for gaming. My concern is not so much the ram, I would just like to be able to know if the mobo is perfect, since it cost me a lot and I don't want it to be bad and not be able to complain to Amazon, Amazon refunded me the money for these ram, but I don't know what to do I would like to buy other rams from another brand, but I'm afraid that they will also fail 🙁
If this is a 2 stick kit and one of the sticks works at 6000 but the other does not then I would think you have faulty ram.

Try a different ram kit.