Question Aorus Ad27qd monitor firmware update problem OSD sidekick

May 31, 2019
Hi everyone,
I've just bought my new monitor and i see there is firmware updates for it. I have tried to update it through OSD sidekick as told in guide but i can't click the update button after i select filepath of fw file also cant click live update and download buttons in same tab. I tried to reinstall software many times and reboot the pc.

Any of those buttons are not working...
Ek-A-klama-2019-05-31-212810.png

If you have any idea about it please enlighten me.

falcon291

Honorable
Jul 17, 2019
Thank you very much for the information.

But does its rivals have the same problem, other IPS monitors of Asus or Samsung at 144 Hz?

I have bought the monitor yesterday, just played 2 games of Deathmatch in BFV. And it was perfect other than it was not as bright. My previous Asus IPS monitor that works in 60 Hz only was a lot more bright than this monitor in 144 Hz.

I am at vacation now, and will try your method to update firmware next week. I will let you know the result. I have faced the same problem for other applications, let me say it is a bad, very bad practice.

May 31, 2019
Thank you very much for the information.

But does its rivals have the same problem, other IPS monitors of Asus or Samsung at 144 Hz?

I have bought the monitor yesterday, just played 2 games of Deathmatch in BFV. And it was perfect other than it was not as bright. My previous Asus IPS monitor that works in 60 Hz only was a lot more bright than this monitor in 144 Hz.

I am at vacation now, and will try your method to update firmware next week. I will let you know the result. I have faced the same problem for other applications, let me say it is a bad, very bad practice.

What was your system language?

I realised that its sometimes not bright as much as it should be but when i turn off and turn on the monitor from the button, it is brighter as i set in Osdsidekick.

Be sure that you updated it to latest firmware and you set a bright mode and turn it on again if still not true.

falcon291

Honorable
Jul 17, 2019
What was your system language?

I realised that its sometimes not bright as much as it should be but when i turn off and turn on the monitor from the button, it is brighter as i set in Osdsidekick.

Be sure that you updated it to latest firmware and you set a bright mode and turn it on again if still not true.

Thanks. My system language was Turkish, I set it back to English, after a restart, I was able to upload the firmware. After the firmware my screen became brighter and it looks good.

I will check if it becomes darker again. Now running the monitor at 120 Hz for office work, for gaming it is again good and bright. So far I have tried Battlefield V and Battlefield 1.

Reactions: falcord
May 31, 2019
Thanks. My system language was Turkish, I set it back to English, after a restart, I was able to upload the firmware. After the firmware my screen became brighter and it looks good.

I will check if it becomes darker again. Now running the monitor at 120 Hz for office work, for gaming it is again good and bright. So far I have tried Battlefield V and Battlefield 1.

Hacı abi desene Türküm diye baştan :)

Sorunun çözüldüğüne sevindim abi. Standart kullanım için yakaladığın güzel bir ayar var mıdır?

falcon291

Honorable
Jul 17, 2019
Böyle dandrik regional problemler sadece Türklerin başına geliyor zaten. Sorunun kaynağı muhtemelen İ I problemi… Bilgi için teşekkürler, günümü kurtardın.

Update gerekiyormuş, update'den sonra çok düzeldi. HDR'yi açmıyorum. Zaten G-sync ile de iyi gidiyor.HDR'yi kapattım, daha da aydınlık oldu görüntü. Oyunlar kendileri açıyor zaten tahminim. Tek sorun şu anda Geforce experience oyunları ayarlıyordu, artık ayarlayamıyor. HDR ile alakalı olabilir, biraz daha uğraşacağım gibi. Hepsiburadan güzel fiyata aldım, karanlık odada kullanmayacağım için light bleed benim için önemli değil, dead pixel ise şu ana kadar görmedim, ama bakacağım. 3-4 adet varsa ki yok gibi duruyor, değiştirmem tahmin ediyorum. İngilizce'sini de yazalım ayıp olmasın. Bir de Display Port ile kullanırsam bilgisayarın açılış ekranı gelmiyor. BIOS'a girmek için HDMI kablo mu bağlamak lazım? Bilinen birşey mi bu?

It needs update, updating the montior firmware to version 7 seems to resolve every issue. I don't set HDR on for the moment, games themselves can open or close it, for Windows 10 colors seems better when it is off. It works fine with G-sync, but strange enough now after the latest nvidia update Geforce experience unable to configure my games, reporting that my system is not suitable. Can be related with HDR, I will try further. One other thing I notice when connected via display port, I am unable to see opening screen of the computer. I think I will be forced to connect via HDMI to enter BIOS. Is it something known?

One small addition, if you have an older Nvdia card, you might need to update your graphic cards firmware to make it word fully with Displayport: https://www.nvidia.com/object/nv-uefi-update-x64.html

I am not sure but probably the same issue exists with AMD graphic cards.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2019
Böyle dandrik regional problemler sadece Türklerin başına geliyor zaten. Sorunun kaynağı muhtemelen İ I problemi… Bilgi için teşekkürler, günümü kurtardın.

Update gerekiyormuş, update'den sonra çok düzeldi. HDR'yi açmıyorum. Zaten G-sync ile de iyi gidiyor.HDR'yi kapattım, daha da aydınlık oldu görüntü. Oyunlar kendileri açıyor zaten tahminim. Tek sorun şu anda Geforce experience oyunları ayarlıyordu, artık ayarlayamıyor. HDR ile alakalı olabilir, biraz daha uğraşacağım gibi. Hepsiburadan güzel fiyata aldım, karanlık odada kullanmayacağım için light bleed benim için önemli değil, dead pixel ise şu ana kadar görmedim, ama bakacağım. 3-4 adet varsa ki yok gibi duruyor, değiştirmem tahmin ediyorum. İngilizce'sini de yazalım ayıp olmasın. Bir de Display Port ile kullanırsam bilgisayarın açılış ekranı gelmiyor. BIOS'a girmek için HDMI kablo mu bağlamak lazım? Bilinen birşey mi bu?

It needs update, updating the montior firmware to version 7 seems to resolve every issue. I don't set HDR on for the moment, games themselves can open or close it, for Windows 10 colors seems better when it is off. It works fine with G-sync, but strange enough now after the latest nvidia update Geforce experience unable to configure my games, reporting that my system is not suitable. Can be related with HDR, I will try further. One other thing I notice when connected via display port, I am unable to see opening screen of the computer. I think I will be forced to connect via HDMI to enter BIOS. Is it something known?

One small addition, if you have an older Nvdia card, you might need to update your graphic cards firmware to make it word fully with Displayport: https://www.nvidia.com/object/nv-uefi-update-x64.html

I am not sure but probably the same issue exists with AMD graphic cards.
Merhaba bende bu monitörü aldım ve ne yazıkki ölü piksel gördüm birde backlight dimming sorunu var ne yaptımsa çözemedim f04 yükledim witcher da sorun çözülmüş lakin videolarda dimming yapıyor işin saçma tarafı bunu tasarlayan mühendis yada yazılımını yapan yazılımcı gerçekten aptal olmalı neden otomatik dimming iptali için bir seçenek koymuyorsunuz bu kadarmı zor yani neden insanları mecbur ediyorlar anlamadım para ver rezil ol dedikleri durumu yaşadım ne yazıkki ürünü geri yolladım iade için şuan iade sürecinde aslında monitörü beğendim oldukça güzel renkler filan yerinde saçma sapan sorunları olmasa yollamazdım sizdede dimming sorunu varmı acaba. videolarda filan delirtiyor çünkü :(.

falcon291

Honorable
Jul 17, 2019
Merhaba bende bu monitörü aldım ve ne yazıkki ölü piksel gördüm birde backlight dimming sorunu var ne yaptımsa çözemedim f04 yükledim witcher da sorun çözülmüş lakin videolarda dimming yapıyor işin saçma tarafı bunu tasarlayan mühendis yada yazılımını yapan yazılımcı gerçekten aptal olmalı neden otomatik dimming iptali için bir seçenek koymuyorsunuz bu kadarmı zor yani neden insanları mecbur ediyorlar anlamadım para ver rezil ol dedikleri durumu yaşadım ne yazıkki ürünü geri yolladım iade için şuan iade sürecinde aslında monitörü beğendim oldukça güzel renkler filan yerinde saçma sapan sorunları olmasa yollamazdım sizdede dimming sorunu varmı acaba. videolarda filan delirtiyor çünkü :(.

Yok. Ben dead pixel ya da backlight dimming ile ilgili bir problemim olmadı. Dead pixel'in düzelmesi elbette mümkün değil, ama diğer sorunlar firmware update'i ile düzeliyordu.

Monitör çok iyi. Son derece memnunum.

Reactions: Espada51
Oct 3, 2019
Yok. Ben dead pixel ya da backlight dimming ile ilgili bir problemim olmadı. Dead pixel'in düzelmesi elbette mümkün değil, ama diğer sorunlar firmware update'i ile düzeliyordu.

Monitör çok iyi. Son derece memnunum.
Teşekkür ederim değişim talebinde bulunucam umarım sorunsuz gelir bende oldukça beğendim ürünü benim bahtsızlığım belliki :D