Question Aorus x470 Ultra Gaming bugged

Oct 31, 2019
I reinstalled windows on a clean SSD because i had this issue before, since i thought it might be files in the disk that are bad/corrupt.

The issue is that all programs that i try to start make the pc freeze for 3-4 seconds, and sometimes it happens when i’ve not even started any programs.

It happened after i downloaded the gigabyte EC FW update tool. The bios is set on F6 and can’t be updated now either. Im kind of a newbie on bios updates etc. So i need help since my computer is barely usable since i get frozen screens whenever i even touch it, even the login screen is laggy. Some times i get blackscreens aswell.
Note that this didn’t happen before i started to downloading drivers.

If needed:
Ryzen 5 2600x
Gigabyte aorus x470 ultra gaming
16 GB 3200 MHz Ram

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Does the issue still occur in safe mode?
Is your RAM from the same pack?
Is this a PC you've used for a while then this issue suddenly started occurring after a BIOS update?
F6 is actually an old BIOS, F50A is the latest so it may be worth updating if all else fails.

Oct 31, 2019
Does the issue still occur in safe mode?
Is your RAM from the same pack?
Is this a PC you've used for a while then this issue suddenly started occurring after a BIOS update?
F6 is actually an old BIOS, F50A is the latest so it may be worth updating if all else fails.
This issue occured from nowhere around 2 weeks ago. Suddenly everything was just slow. I’ve troubleshooted all of my hardware and they’re fine.
Both ram sticks if from the same package, and it’s the ballistix sport lt 2x 8gb 3000mhz, maybe it has something to do with the compability? Idk.
I’ve tried to update the bios but all i get is a windows error that says that i dont have that hardware etc.
And about the safe im not sure, how do i start my pc in safe mode?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Likely because that's when latest Ryzen support was added after that point, wondering if there is a conflict with your CPU that will prevent the install.

Safe mode: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

If it's still slow in safe mode, you can be pretty certain it's core OS or hardware. If it suddenly works like a dream in safe mode, it could well be a software/compatibility problem somewhere.

Oct 31, 2019
Likely because that's when latest Ryzen support was added after that point, wondering if there is a conflict with your CPU that will prevent the install.

Safe mode: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

If it's still slow in safe mode, you can be pretty certain it's core OS or hardware. If it suddenly works like a dream in safe mode, it could well be a software/compatibility problem somewhere.
What i have done now is that i reinstalled the whole system, shouldn’t be any files but windows files now. If it doesn’t get any issues there aswell can i rule out compatibility issues in that way too? If not i will try to start it in safe mode.

Oct 31, 2019

It works alot better in safe mode from what i felt, no lag / frozen screens.
I’ll add that sometimes when starting the pc the red led from the mobo is lighting up, often when the pc start well it doesn’t light up, but when it does i get a blackscreen and instant shutdowns from the pc when restarting it. It’s probably obvious what it is but me myself i have no idea.