Apacer PT920 Commando NVMe SSD Review

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

teknomedic

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2007
Riiiiiiiight... they called it "commando" and then made it look like a stapler? Come on, it's clearly a classic AR upper which compliments the name "commando"

I'd never put that in my PC case though.... I'd either never buy it or just remove the outer casing.

teknomedic

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2007
also.. lmao... convection cooling? May as well just say it naturally radiates heat when in use. This thing deserves to bomb just from the moronic marketing alone. someone should be fired for this.

padrescout

Honorable
Oct 7, 2017

Interesting - do go on telling me how you better understand what I did or did not see and my motivations for doing something.

HERETIC-1

Commendable
Aug 18, 2016
Samsung really needs to do something with their 256 NVMe.
It's the only segment where they're not the benchmark for
others to aim at.
Perhaps their new drives that can't be far away do that..............

6LXBvzo.jpg

mapesdhs

Distinguished

(always the virtue signalling...)

Ah yes, because guns, staplers, knives, cars and trucks have agency. "Events" just magically happen as a result of inanimate objects, so taking those objects away will stop such events from happening, and somehow not seeing reminders based on such objects is relevant. I think door handles, carpets, sinks, light switches, windows, stairs, lifts and clothing are all evil and should be expunged; afterall, these have all been used in most recent violent attacks. I shouted at my carpet this morning, because every known bad person this century has probably walked on one. Carpets are complicit for sure. Or as Stefan puts it, not an argument.

As for the SSD, meh. I found a couple of places that sell the PT920 in the UK, it's a lot more expensive than a 960 EVO or SM961, yet much slower in many cases. 40% markup over a good Samsung for something that does indeed look like a stapler.

Ian.

Status
Not open for further replies.