Question Apex legends not launching (SSE3 error on a CPU that supports SSE3)

Oct 2, 2022
I am a PC-Steam-Windows 11 user and I recently downloaded and installed Apex legends. Whenever I try to run it, it says that my CPU doesen't support SSE3. I have a AMD Athlon X3 435 2.93 GHz Processor and it does support SSE3. Any solutions?

First open STEAM and Verify integrity of game files.

Is your game fully patched and updated ? Give this workaround a try. If the game still doesn't launch run it as an ADMIN. You can also try running the game in Windows Compatibility Mode.

First try this command line parameter option.

• Go to Game library and right-click on Apex Legends
  • Choose Properties
  • Click on Advanced launch option
  • Find Comand line arguments and write "-useallavailablecores" without quotes
  • Save changes
  • Restart the game
apex-legends-launch-options.png

Last edited:
application load error: S:0000065432

Do you have any AntiVirus/AV software installed. Check your antivirus/antimalware software logs. I had a weird issue with the one that's built-in to Windows 10 which was preventing Skyrim from starting up. Try restarting STEAM client as well.

Some known culprits that are known to facilitate the apparition of the Application Load Error 3:0000065432:
  • 3rd party AV interference – Since countless user reports stand testimony, the issue is very likely to be caused by an overprotective security suite that prevents the game in question from communicating with an outside server.
  • The game is not installed in the original steam directory – This issue is mostly reported with games published by Bethesda. Apparently, the error might occur if the game is installed in a different directory than the default library location.
  • DeepGuard is crashing the game – DeepGuard, a security feature belonging to F-Secure Internet Security is known to cause issues with games downloaded through steam that include multiplayer components.
  • Game integrity is not up to date – This issue might occur if the game has received several patches directly from the game’s update client. Steam will sometimes throw this error seeing that the overall size of the game has been modified.
  • Corrupted steam installation – Several users encountering the same error have managed to get it resolved by reinstalling steam. As it turns out, the error can also be caused by corruption inside the Steam installation folder.

Oct 2, 2022
Do you have any AntiVirus/AV software installed. Check your antivirus/antimalware software logs. I had a weird issue with the one that's built-in to Windows 10 which was preventing Skyrim from starting up. Try restarting STEAM client as well.

Some known culprits that are known to facilitate the apparition of the Application Load Error 3:0000065432:
  • 3rd party AV interference – Since countless user reports stand testimony, the issue is very likely to be caused by an overprotective security suite that prevents the game in question from communicating with an outside server.
  • The game is not installed in the original steam directory – This issue is mostly reported with games published by Bethesda. Apparently, the error might occur if the game is installed in a different directory than the default library location.
  • DeepGuard is crashing the game – DeepGuard, a security feature belonging to F-Secure Internet Security is known to cause issues with games downloaded through steam that include multiplayer components.
  • Game integrity is not up to date – This issue might occur if the game has received several patches directly from the game’s update client. Steam will sometimes throw this error seeing that the overall size of the game has been modified.
  • Corrupted steam installation – Several users encountering the same error have managed to get it resolved by reinstalling steam. As it turns out, the error can also be caused by corruption inside the Steam installation folder.
That error isn't coming anymore its the original ssse3 that is popping up, I have sse3 but its still not working.

Oct 2, 2022
@BFG-9000 and @Metal Messiah. Thank you so much for your help but it looks like there is a difference between SSE3 and SSSE3 and I have SSE3 but apex wants SSSE3, this is just so stupid that I didn't think of that, thank you again but I guess the only solution is that I have to buy a new CPU for a damn game which of course I am not even going to consider doing.

Hi, thanks for the update.

Yeah, there is a difference between those two instruction sets. SSSE3 provides 32 more instructions. So, if Apex Legends requires a processor with SSSE3, then it's because it's using an instruction from that.

Supplemental SSE3 (SSSE3) is supported by Intel Core 2 Duo, Intel Core i7/i5/i3, Intel Atom, AMD Bulldozer, and later processors. It's a matter of an actual technical requirement for Apex Legends. So yeah, you are right on point.

These are the min system specs required for this game:

APEX LEGENDS MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

• CPU: Intel Core i3-6300 3.8GHz / AMD FX-4350 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Processor
  • RAM: 6GB
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 / Radeon HD 7730
  • GPU RAM: 1 GB
  • HARD DRIVE: Minimum 22 GB of free space
Apex Legends PC System Requirements - Official EA Site