Question Apex Legends Restarts my PC

SD Phantom

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2015
My friend recently built his PC and the first thing he did was install apex.

Once he started loading into a game, the computer would shut off and restart. We tried it again multiple times with the same result. It doesn't restart in the training field though, so maybe it's because of the player count? I'm not sure. But we also tried valorant too and no crashes or restarts.

PC SPECS:
RTX 3060
Ryzen 7 5800x
16GB Ram
1TB SSD

My friend recently built his PC and the first thing he did was install apex.

Once he started loading into a game, the computer would shut off and restart. We tried it again multiple times with the same result. It doesn't restart in the training field though, so maybe it's because of the player count? I'm not sure. But we also tried valorant too and no crashes or restarts.

PC SPECS:
RTX 3060
Ryzen 7 5800x
16GB Ram
1TB SSD

Hey there,

Can you let us know what PSU and mobo you have? Cheers

n7-b550
and EVGA 750w

Which model PSU exactly? How old is it?

It's very possible it's a PSU issue. Random restarts, but often at load (gaming) can be a symptom. Whilst a 750w is a good start, if it's a poor model, and older than 3 years or so, this could be why you're having issues. Not all 750w PSU are made equal.

You could also look at testing your ram outside of windows with memtest86+ to ensure the DIMMS are running okay. It might also be worth updating your bios for good measure to rule out that as an issue.

SD Phantom

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2015
Which model PSU exactly? How old is it?

It's very possible it's a PSU issue. Random restarts, but often at load (gaming) can be a symptom. Whilst a 750w is a good start, if it's a poor model, and older than 3 years or so, this could be why you're having issues. Not all 750w PSU are made equal.

You could also look at testing your ram outside of windows with memtest86+ to ensure the DIMMS are running okay. It might also be worth updating your bios for good measure to rule out that as an issue.

He updated bios and had the same result with Apex, he also tested RougeCompany and it ran fine.

His PSU is a NZXT 750w Gold standard

Last edited: