Apparently My Hard Drive Is In Bad Form?

sephone

Reputable
May 31, 2014
Hi all! I'm not much of a computer genius (I understand plenty about programs and web-coding, but hardware and stats for hardware has always been completely beyond me).

I ran Avast's Grimeware tonight after having a lot of lag concerns and finally bit the bullet and tried to see if it could help. After it came up with its report, it mentioned that my Hard Drive (connected to C: and D: drives) was not looking healthy. I did some digging around to see what I could use to moniter hard drive health, and I found Crystal Drive.

The problem is, I don't know how to read these numbers. :( Could someone please advise? This laptop was a gift a few years ago from my dad who I hardly see these days - if there's anything I can do to increase the life of the hard drive, I want to be able to do it.

HP Pavilion g6, Windows 7 64-bit.

http://i.imgur.com/SKsNSC2.png Here's the sceenshot of my harddrive's stats. (As I can't seem to recieve my email confirmation to post it as an in-line photo, and I'd hate for making this post to slip my mind).

(I know I've been pretty tough on this laptop, but it would mean the world to be able to keep it alive as long as possible. Thank you so much for any and all help to this (and I'm so, so sorry if I haven't placed this in the right board :( )

If you need any other information, please let me know and I'll try to get it to you as fast as possible!