Apple Accused of Keeping Samsung Statement Out-of-Sight

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartanmk2

Honorable
May 11, 2012
Even though I dont care for Apple, I would do the same unless given more specifics other than showing it on the front page in 11 point font :/

G

Against this apology should look like the one they made for Apple Maps...

Kryan

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
the only reason I have ever accessed an apple website of any country was to follow up on this. On the day after they changed it, after being reprimanded the first time, I *immediately* noticed the website behaving differently. The whole website had now adjusted itself to have the Samsung apology bit out of site, and the day before the whole site was visible. That's proof enough for me that crApple will go to any sneaky means to avoid facing the shame like the LOSERS they are.

My gf wanted an ipod nano...I showed her the sony/samsung/creative alternatives. She didn't get an apple product.
My ENTIRE immediate family has Android or WP7/8 phones, because I steer them away from apple. They are now all saying to me: "Gee, [my real name], how right you were about that company being really low down and dirty, and gee, look at the slowly declining interest due to lacklustre new iphone and ipad mini 'innovations'. It really is nice to have someone as clever as you showing us the way, [my real name]."

I may have paraphrased a little.

aracheb

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
Samsung / Apple UK judgment

On 9 July 2012 the High Court of Justice of England and Wales ruled that Samsung Electronic (UK) Limited’s Galaxy Tablet Computers, namely the Galaxy Tab 10.1, Tab 8.9 and Tab 7.7 do not infringe Apple’s Community registered design No. 0000181607-0001. A copy of the full judgment of
the High Court is available from www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Patents/2012/1882.html.

That Judgment has effect throughout the European Union and was upheld by the Court of Appeal of England and Wales on 18 October 2012. A copy of the Court of Appeal’s judgment is available from www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2012/1339.html. There is no injunction in respect of the Community registered design in force anywhere in Europe.

wtf is this, this is the quoted text from the site? this is not an apology this is an statement of what happened?
Am I wrong or they are violating the court order again?

hate machine

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
[citation][nom]aracheb[/nom]Samsung / Apple UK judgmentOn 9 July 2012 the High Court of Justice of England and Wales ruled that Samsung Electronic (UK) Limited’s Galaxy Tablet Computers, namely the Galaxy Tab 10.1, Tab 8.9 and Tab 7.7 do not infringe Apple’s Community registered design No. 0000181607-0001. A copy of the full judgment ofthe High Court is available from www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Patents/2012/1882.html.That Judgment has effect throughout the European Union and was upheld by the Court of Appeal of England and Wales on 18 October 2012. A copy of the Court of Appeal’s judgment is available from www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2012/1339.html. There is no injunction in respect of the Community registered design in force anywhere in Europe.wtf is this, this is the quoted text from the site? this is not an apology this is an statement of what happened? Am I wrong or they are violating the court order again?[/citation]

That is all they were ordered to do, an apology via dissemination.

Apple keeps dragging this out, they could easily just posted this and let it fade out of the limelight quickly. Instead they keep trying to "legally" circumvent as much as possible and it keeps popping up in the news and doing more damage.

I800C0LLECT

Distinguished
May 16, 2007
Wasn't the purpose of the apology to help reverse some of the bad press Samsung may have received? Does hiding the apology in a location where it receives no attention satisfy the intent? Doesn't this behavior also look poorly on the court/judge?

Could this blow up any more? I obviously don't understand etquette concerning these circumstances but it looks like Apple might get smacked around a bit more.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
I knew this would be like a politician apologizing. Its always something like "Im sorry you had the audacity to be offended by what I said/did", or "Im sorry if anyone was offended by what I did/said", they never actually say "Im sorry for saying/doing such and such".

G

they should be destroyed and the judge should order to put a big frame above the main page with aaaaaall of this stuff and let every customer to click it in order to dismiss the message and continue shopping.....but it can be worst. and thats why apple should be destroyed

aracheb

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
[citation][nom]hate machine[/nom]That is all they were ordered to do, an apology via dissemination.Apple keeps dragging this out, they could easily just posted this and let it fade out of the limelight quickly. Instead they keep trying to "legally" circumvent as much as possible and it keeps popping up in the news and doing more damage.[/citation]

I must be very bad with English because i fail to see any apology here by any means.!! All i see here is copy of a statement, and this could very be related to any other case with Samsung and apple and the result will still be the same.!! Don't look, smell or feel like an apology neither it is one

vertigo_2000

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2007
My understanding is that an apology contains the words "I'm sorry" or "We're sorry". Or at least takes ownership of a wrong doing. Apple does not appear to have done either one of those things.

aracheb

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
[citation][nom]vertigo_2000[/nom]My understanding is that an apology contains the words "I'm sorry" or "We're sorry". Or at least takes ownership of a wrong doing. Apple does not appear to have done either one of those things.[/citation]
Judge should say this to Apple, Sirs this is my last warning we don't have the time or resource of being on a back and forward situation i already got to the limit of my patience. You either put and Apology to Samsung on your website staying the fact clearly as they were founds to be NOW" they must be in 16 or 18 size letter and they should be on black color and on top of any image or propaganda of your website main webpage and the users should be visible to the users for about 2 to 3 minute before anything can obtrude the clarity of the message. The failure to comply with this decision will make you responsible of paying the damaged company "Samsung the sum of 1.7 billion usd"

TeraMedia

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
@aracheb:

Better yet, how about the judge simply says this:

Dear Apple Corporation.
In light of your unwillingness to adequately comply with our court order, we are from this moment unwilling to allow your corporation to market or sell products in ... until we are satisfied with your compliance. We will let you know when we are satisfied and imagine you require no encouragement to seek our satisfaction as expeditiously and completely as possible in this matter.

krowbar

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2008
Apple.com/UK Doesn't function without the use of JavaScript. So sounds like there is no real way to view this message without having to scroll. Just sounds cheap when a company will resort to not owning up to their faults.

G

i didn't look at who wrote this article but i'm pretty sure i know who it is and HE NEEDS TO STOP BECAUSE NOBODY CARES

Branden

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
i kind of hope that this skirting will also not satisfy the judge and (being fed up with apple) he forces them to put in 20pt font with a red background right at the top of their main page "we falsely accused samsung of stealing our design, they didn't, we're jerks".

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Was the court specific with what Apple needed to post and exactly how to post it?!? Geez UK Court wont be happy until they have Tim Cooks head on a spike...lol.

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
Apple should be banned from issuing lawsuits until it complies with this one in a way that is satisfactory to the courts (not really going to happen, but tis my opinion on what would resolve this situation). If Apple is going to abuse the courts for their own good, they need to suck it up when things don't go their way. Grow a pear! (ok, ok, bad pun...)

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
I don't think a United Kingdom judge will like being played by a bunch of Apple corporate lawyers. I'm going to get some popcorn and watch this with great interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.