Apple Adds Galaxy Note 10.1, Android 4.1 to Samsung Lawsuit

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]My mum uses stylus with her iPhone, I use a stylus with my iPad.... I think I know what you meant, but I'm just going by what you wrote.[/citation]
lol i meant...you know what i meant :D

[citation][nom]xpeh[/nom]Did Apple forget that Google pretty much owns Motorola? All dem patents that Motorola owns.[/citation]

I'm pretty sure that Google only owns some of Motorola's patents (IE Motorola Mobility). They may more or less be in charge of Motorola, but they don't own Motorola IIRC.

chulex67

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011
[citation][nom]cRACKmONKEY421[/nom]You'd think both companies could do incredible things with the time and talent spent on legal expenses. It obviously doesn't benefit the consumer at all, but I doubt it even benefits the company enough to be worth the fuss.[/citation]

Oh well, i must be dumb, i guess thinking of samsung as a person instead of a Multi billionare company was my bad. well i guess you are right.

G

Soundslike a bit of a reach I mean 4.1 hasnt been out that long, I think Apple just wants to shut the competition so they upgrade the iPhone slower but without comptetition.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]cRACKmONKEY421[/nom]You'd think both companies could do incredible things with the time and talent spent on legal expenses. It obviously doesn't benefit the consumer at all, but I doubt it even benefits the company enough to be worth the fuss.[/citation]
$1 billion is a lot of benefits.

forbin_52

Honorable
Nov 8, 2012
Samsung is hardly the "weaker".
Samsung Group, which includes consumer products, has annual sales of $18 Billion and a total equity of $224 Billion and total assets of $384 Billion.

[citation][nom]forbin_52[/nom]Samsung is hardly the "weaker".Samsung Group, which includes consumer products, has annual sales of $18 Billion and a total equity of $224 Billion and total assets of $384 Billion.[/citation]

Pretty sure that Apple is winning the "whose company is worth more" fight right now, so unless I'm wrong, Samsung is technically *weaker*, but that doesn't mean that they can't be *strong*, maybe just not *stronger* than Apple.

G

wonder how much them lawyers are getting paid :S wish i was a lawyer for apple/samsung.....

audioee

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2007
Adding Google to the lawsuit might force Google to release Android source code for review. And then...

My guess is that Apple wants to see what Google is working on for the future of Android and determine when and if they need to add features. Or they will try to beat Google to the patents and then add any devices that included the Google invented, Apple patented, features to the next lawsuit.

[citation][nom]audioee[/nom]Adding Google to the lawsuit might force Google to release Android source code for review. And then...My guess is that Apple wants to see what Google is working on for the future of Android and determine when and if they need to add features. Or they will try to beat Google to the patents and then add any devices that included the Google invented, Apple patented, features to the next lawsuit.[/citation]

Funny, but I could have sworn that Android is already open-source.

audioee

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2007
[citation][nom]blazorthon[/nom]Funny, but I could have sworn that Android is already open-source.[/citation]

Not the stuff yet to come...that has not been release yet...

Nossy

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2005
*yawns* no wonder our cuntry is broke. We spend all the tax money on useless legal battle. Apple is really in trouble now. They are also going after an AMERICAN company now.

G

Apple is probably suing Samsung because Samsung makes better products.

I tried a "new ipad"... and I hatted everything about it.... and no I'm not an Apple hater. Their computers, iphones and ipods are great (but way too expensive)... but in my opinion.... the tablets suck (and are too expensive).

The only thing that I liked about the Ipad was the screen... it's great for looking at the photos that one takes out in the field.... but then again the camera connector sucked too. Most of the times I had to reconnect the camera several times, and I had to reboot the tablet to get it to connect a bunch of times. I had no problems when I tested the Samsung Galaxy Note.

chocostain

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012
I guess there's no such thing as a friendly competition. Instead of going after Samsung since their sales are falling off the charts, they should think of a better phone that is cheaper. People are now thinking of quality over brandname.

web11

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2009
Didn't Google win the patent for the notification center that Apple blatantly ripped off Android? They could counter big with that patent

Status
Not open for further replies.