Apple CEO Downplays Reports of iPhone Component Cuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

No, he pretty much flat out denied the rumours:
"I know there have been lots of rumors about order cuts. I don't want to comment on any particular rumor because I would spend my life doing that. I would suggest that it's good to question the accuracy of any rumor of bill plans."

This Zak Islam is really a Apple Spamer at this point.
Anything Apple related is always here. Hell, there are about 2-3 apple articles a day. How can a company do 2-3 things a day taht have a high interest?

Especially apple that does always the same stuff again and again.

inthere

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2006
Windows OS is going to outsell both Android and Apple within the next 5 years. More user friendly than Android and less buggy. iOS lost its edge in innovation after the 2nd iPhone. All Windows needs is the apps, which are being added in droves daily. They'll catch up to the others within 2 years.

vaughn2k

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
First came the iPad. Then a slightly thinner iPad. Then a tinier iPad. Then a taller thinner iPad. Then a taller thinner iPad that shuffles your songs. Then a pink one, a blue one a green one. Then even a smaller iPad. Then a wider iPad. Then an iPad that you can touch. Then an iPad that you can talk on. Then an iPad that you can talk on with a ‘G’ on it. Then a shorter and fatter iPad, then a shorter patter iPad that shuffles. Then a thinner iPad that you can talk on with the ’4′ on it. Then a gigantic iPad you can not talk on. Then a gigantic iPad that you can not talk on that’s a little faster. Then a ‘white one’ – oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, ‘white’. Then a thinner taller iPad that you can talk on. And now a bigger not gigantic iPad you can not talk on. We’re Apple and you’re Suckers. Don’t forget to buy a new charger. A$$#APPLEles.

http://lybio.net/jimmy-kimmel-live-ipad-mini-commercial/comedy/

jn77

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
Windows OS? Look at how hard a time microsoft has had with their smart phones, it will be a long time before Windows phones really gain much ground. At least in the near future...... android will be #1, IOS will always be #2, Windows OS or what ever they call it will be #3/ Tie with Blackberry.... and then everything else that not many people want to use will be last.

techcurious

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
[citation][nom]Jasonmarkgray[/nom]No, he pretty much flat out denied the rumours:"I know there have been lots of rumors about order cuts. I don't want to comment on any particular rumor because I would spend my life doing that. I would suggest that it's good to question the accuracy of any rumor of bill plans."[/citation]
How is that even pretty much a denial, let alone a flat out denial?
Are you reading between imaginary lines to come up with imaginary conclusions?
Perhaps your confusion stems from thinking rumor means false? A rumor may or may not be true or false, so he didn't deny squat.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Hard to imagine why a CEO try to calm the investors especially for a company that in reality does nothing beside package already developed techs from other company's in a shiny case with a custom walled in OS and then sell it premium. Mimicing the cosmetic company's style to market thing - Like any trend company, the only problem is that trend company's have to reinvent themselves every now and then and that's where Apple have failed - Same products over and over with minor upgrades, where is the next "trend"?

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
"Apple is believed to have cut orders of the iPhone 5's screen by around 50 percent due to waning demand" ... OR... apple haz the right screen amount for iPhone 5... but the next iPhone will use diferent screen... bigger and/or better...

dark_knight33

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
I dislike Apple, but TBH, this is probably because the next gen iPhone will use a different screen. They never had to cut screen orders because they kept using the same small display on each iteration. It also makes sense to try to get an even distribution of your parts among suppliers so that you don't get so dependent on the capacity of one supplier, that they can bend you over with contractual price hikes (Samsung). Although Samsung's price hike was entirely deserved on Apple's part, from a business perspective, you don't want to get into that situation again.

Also, year over year, they are selling more iPhones. While they don't break down which models are being sold, they are still selling more. Even with the used market created by people selling their last-gen phones, Apple is still selling new 4Ss.

That said, I still prefer my SGS3. I wonder though, how much innovation would Android phones see without everyone chasing Apple's popularity? I may not prefer Apple phones, but I can certainly appreciate that they are definitely driving competition, and phones are getting much more advanced because of them.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
[citation][nom]cats_Paw[/nom]This Zak Islam is really a Apple Spamer at this point.Anything Apple related is always here. Hell, there are about 2-3 apple articles a day. How can a company do 2-3 things a day taht have a high interest?Especially apple that does always the same stuff again and again.[/citation]

True, but judging the Apple debate comments its not hard to see why... The articles get alot of hits just to see the comments - That in turn make them very easy "number of view's" spike and that mean the article does what its intended to do... grab attention. If you dont like the articles its an old saying "Dont feed the troll" and by that i mean don't click on articles you are not interested in because that does the reverse effect!

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]inthere[/nom]Windows OS is going to outsell both Android and Apple within the next 5 years. More user friendly than Android and less buggy. iOS lost its edge in innovation after the 2nd iPhone. All Windows needs is the apps, which are being added in droves daily. They'll catch up to the others within 2 years.[/citation]

Hahahahaha, wait you're being serious? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Status
Not open for further replies.