Apple Confirms Mac OS X Lion, iOS 5 and iCloud

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Ragnar-Kon[/nom]And FYI Apple's mice have been multi-button mice for ~7 years now.[/citation]

Funny, I just worked on a fairly new pair of Macs that both had a single button mouse... They were no more than 3-4 years old.

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
[citation][nom]beayn[/nom]Funny, I just worked on a fairly new pair of Macs that both had a single button mouse... They were no more than 3-4 years old.[/citation]
The old Mighty Mouse actually has 4 "buttons".
A capacitive sensor senses where your fingers are. U can do a right click by slightly lifting your index finger of the mouse's surface and clicking with your middle finger. The trackball is also clickable and the sides are pressure sensitive, so u can "squeeze" them.

It's all pretty awkward. The only good thing about the Mighty Mouse is the 360° scrolling.

reggieray

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
Running Snow Leopard and I see no real reason to switch. When my HD goes I am putting a SSD drive in my Macbook Pro but if Apple expects me to buy Lion just to get Trim Support, that would be lame but I bet they do it. Like MS not providing DX 11 to Vista updates.

fyend

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
[citation][nom]fir_ser[/nom]I wonder what will be the name of Mac OS after Lion.[/citation]

Cougar. Old, outdated, past its prime, desperately trying to lure 20somethings...

Serta mattress company has their new line, icomfort, i lol'd the whole commercial.

hopefully Windows Beast Master 8 is able to undo the fairy dust magic so many people have succumbed to.

Ok j/k, I really hope mac osx lion and future updates are highly competitive and innovative. Microsoft needs a kick in the behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.