Apple Ditching Nvidia to Pair With AMD Instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Cooool, AMD always needs a lil more rating, so many people(except gamers and PC enthu. 's)think AMD is crap, which it isn't.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]sidspyker[/nom]Cooool, AMD always needs a lil more rating, so many people(except gamers and PC enthu. 's)think AMD is crap, which it isn't.[/citation]
and going with that in a mac will change that how?

dragonfang18

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009
Does this mean the price of their computers will go down, or the fact that they will earn more money doing this if they just keep prices the way they are? I guess to ignorant people they are the same, though they dont know who much worse they are losing....

Lutfij

Titan
AMD have stolen the rug from under nvidia feet :) but like everything in our world, people always want what they don't need...amd don;t need a venture with apple - that's like obama dealing with the mafia

[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]i hope they don't go with AMD...when it comes to performance, NVIDIA is much better and the same goes for the drivers[/citation]

the release of vista and nvidia's drivers for vista says otherwise for drivers and hows about google "hp nvidia dead" and see how many faults nvidia products have before saying that

And how is
"Cnet reports, is that Apple could be dumping Nvidia in favor of going with Intel's integrated graphics. "
the basis for the title
"Apple Ditching Nvidia to Pair With AMD" ?

Is this just a test to see who will write ATI vs. NVIDIA comments w/o reading the article ?

[citation][nom]dragonfang18[/nom]how* I cant edit my comment[/citation]

try this:

Click you name to get to your profile
Click all comment to view all your comments
Click the comment you want to edit
There will be an EDIT icon. Float the cursor over the icons until you see one that says edit.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]tsnor[/nom]And how is "Cnet reports, is that Apple could be dumping Nvidia in favor of going with Intel's integrated graphics. " the basis for the title "Apple Ditching Nvidia to Pair With AMD" ?Is this just a test to see who will write ATI vs. NVIDIA comments w/o reading the article ?[/citation]

AMEN to that , seriously how does tom's get apple is going AMD , from Apple may use Intel chips in their enxt line ???? marcus did you throw away all logicalthinking to come to this conclusion in your title ????

G

Sandy Bridge graphics will continue to be the lowest performance integrated graphics compared to the competition of its time. So this is not the main reason for Apple to switch to it.

chick0n

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]and going with that in a mac will change that how?[/citation]

because Steve Job is a marketing genius, which is someone that AMD needs, badly.

snotling

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2002
[citation][nom]Xatos[/nom]If Apple starts using ATI products, my next PC will be powered by Nvidia. Bottom line.[/citation]
Wow, don't buy anything with components from Intel either... wait, who supplys the memory for Apple... Kingston? Samsung? better check fast.

Worst still, Apple has their stuff assembled by Foxconn... oh dear, probably the biggest electronics sub assembly in the world, their stuff is found pretty much everywhere... I bet even Asus uses stuff from Foxconn. (connectors most likely)

man, you're screwed... there is just a little bit of Apple likeness in everything you own or will probably own in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.