Apple Doesn't Have to Say Sorry to Samsung Yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulmachiklamo

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
How typical! They're just to stubborn to even apologise... But it is in some way advertisement for Samsung though... But even then, they're just too stubborn :D Apple & Patents, it'll never end.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
So the biggest crybaby of all the company's cry some more, for a situation they placed themselves in. Amazing! How about voiding all generic licenses from all company's and focus on real patents!?

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Apologies from corporations are extremely rare unless it is part of PR. Just like the admittance of any guilt is the same way. How many times have we seen a corporation get caught red handed knowingly breaking a law or is dominated in a lawsuit and despite the obvious loss in court they make sure to announce that they still refuse to admit any guilt.

face-plants

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Apple has shown they can admit mistakes at least once recently by rejoining the EPEAT environmental testing agency and actually saying "we made a mistake" in a press release. This ridiculous feud they've started with Samsung sure seems like the perfect time for them to exercise their humbleness once more. If they're worried about free advertising for Samsung, why don't they just publicly apologize to the entire world for being a-holes so no particular company gets a free shout out. They should also apologize to the customers they hurt who couldn't buy the tablets and phones they wanted (Galaxy and Nexus products in various countries) because Apple got sales injunctions on them. The customers were probably the biggest losers in this whole deal since Apple and Samsung seem to be headed for a stalemate.

halcyon

Splendid
Apple's iPhone is already really beginning to advertise for other companies. I have a 64GB iPhone and while capable the SIII is newer in a lot of important ways. If the iPhone 5 is not a dramatic shift from the iPhone 4 Apple is going to continue to slide down as it won't take a geek to see that the competition is outclassing them.

face-plants

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
The iPhone 5 will sell like hotcakes regardless. It is the last iPhone that Steve Jobs was directly involved with the development of. Like him or not, the man truly was a great product designer and the fact that it's the last "Jobs iPhone" is more than enough reason for hordes of mindless drones to camp outside Apple stores for 2 days to be one of the first to get one.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
[citation][nom]NightLight[/nom]the sIII knocks the socks out of the iphone, and they know it![/citation]
Call me when the SIII's battery life is better than the DROID RAZR MAXX's.

scannall

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
If I were Apple the ad would say "Clearly we were wrong, and the judge was right. They didn't copy us."

And underneath that I would have all the photos from http://peanutbuttereggdirt.com/e/2011/05/03/apple-vs-samsung-a-visual-guide-to-apples-ip-claims-hardware-icons-packaging/

Just to piss 'em off.

ikyung

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]Call me when the SIII's battery life is better than the DROID RAZR MAXX's.[/citation]
So you would rather get a Razr maxx for 300 dollars then S3 for 200 and spend 40 dollars to get a 5000 mAh replacement battery which extends S3 battery time well over the 3300 mAh battery inside a Razr Maxx?

Yeah, okay. Next.

[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]Call me when the SIII's battery life is better than the DROID RAZR MAXX's.[/citation]
Call me when iP4s battery life is better than... well, pretty much any other top phone out there.
In other news, SGS3's battery is user-replaceable, meaning - ready for it? - that you can replace it with whatever battery capacity you want, including some 3700+ mAh out there. Last I heard, the Maxx can't do that (besides other thing it can't do...).
I don't dislike the MAXX, but Moto has clearly abandoned the game for a while. They really need to get back into it and I don't see it beyond me to actually pick one of their phones.

G

YES! GOOD GUYS WIN AGAIN! When this appeal process is over, Samsung will be apologizing to not only Apple, but also to ALL AAPL shareholders that were damaged by the blatant and shameless theft.

Samsung owes me a personal apology for damaging me. Also, Samsuck needs to stick to making quality components and selling them to competent vendors like AAPL, because SamSUCK cannot make a TV set worth a damn; don't even get me started on the CRAPTASTIC phones!

Still waiting for that apology, samSUCK!

everlast66

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
[citation][nom]theconsolegamer[/nom]I just patented the action of apologizing in text and verbally. I'm just waiting Apple.... I'm just waiting.[/citation]

You'd better patent your ass as well!

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
I have a 64GB iPhone and while capable the SIII is newer in a lot of important ways. If the iPhone 5 is not a dramatic shift from the iPhone 4 Apple is going to continue to slide down as it won't take a geek to see that the competition is outclassing them.

The competition has outclassed iCrap now for a long long time. Only low IQ technology morons swear by Apple-- that includes lots of technologically preliterate professor in places like Harvard. Yes, I hang out in those circles.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
How typical! They're just to stubborn to even apologise...

Ummmm, Nazis are notoriously unapologetic. It comes with the territory of being completely wrong. Apple is but a for-morons propaganda apparatus receiving unconditional support from the narrowly owned USA "elite" media.

Status
Not open for further replies.