Apple Fixes Trackpad/Keyboard, Graphics on MacBook Pros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
I honestly don't understand this, OSX only runs on a severely limited amount of hardware configurations. Hell for the most parts in all Macs the hardware is like 80% identical with only small changes (HDD, RAM amount, Vid card, CPU model) yet they still can't get things to work better than MS who has to work with number of configurations many, many orders of magnitudes bigger. They control software and hardware at every single step yet still get problems like this, I honestly don't understand it.

onichikun

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
Guess you aren't a developer than Camikazi. All it takes is 1 bad code commit which changes 1 line among hundreds of thousand to create bugs like this. Microsoft has had their share as well -- many significantly more catastrophic than a touchpad not working (in terms of data and personal info being compromised). Apple responded and fixed the problem in a timely manner.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010

Didn't Microsoft had problems on updating the Surface RT?

apone

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2011
@ Vladislaus

"Quote:
I honestly don't understand this, OSX only runs on a severely limited amount of hardware configurations. Hell for the most parts in all Macs the hardware is like 80% identical with only small changes (HDD, RAM amount, Vid card, CPU model) yet they still can't get things to work better than MS who has to work with number of configurations many, many orders of magnitudes bigger. They control software and hardware at every single step yet still get problems like this, I honestly don't understand it.

Didn't Microsoft had problems on updating the Surface RT?"

I think what Camikazi meant by not understanding OSX's apparent bugs is the fact that OSX has been (and continues to be) the prevalent OS on the Mac platform. Windows RT was released October 2012 so it's only been around a year. I agree with Camikazi, the amount of bugs that OSX is exhibiting is starting to gain unwanted attention considering "it just works".

Status
Not open for further replies.