Apple Founding Documents for Auction; $100K+ Expected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldengoose

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
[citation][nom]JasonAkkerman[/nom]You have got to be freaking kidding me. Of all the thing you could waste your money on...[/citation]

Whoever is buying them i assume bought an apple products in the past so it makes sense.

rawful

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011
What historic value do these documents have? Honestly? How does spending a huge amount of money on a few pieces of paper make sense? How big of an apple fanboy do you have to be to even want these?

I would pay up to $50 to have these just so I can take them to an Apple store and pee all over them in front of all the apple fanboys and revel in their tears of sadness.

billybobser

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
[citation][nom]mrmike_49[/nom]how about that Wayne guy though? that's almost funny $800 vs $20,000,000,000[/citation]
$800 to the creditors I imagine, and if the creditors held onto it, what a win.

mrpijey

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
It's pretty scary and sad how retarded some of your replies are in here, but I guess your personal hate overshadows any reasonable thought processes you might still have.

It's really tragic.

One doesn't need to like Apple to see the historical value of these papers, Apple is one of the most successful companies in the modern computer era and will go down in history with giants like IBM, Microsoft, Sony and others. And Apple using their own business methods surely managed to take the world going their own way instead of doing what everyone else did before.

If you can't at least see the historical value of these papers then you're plain dumb. The monetary value of these papers can of course be questioned, but as always in an auction the one that pays the highest wins, regardless if it's a TV, piece of papers, old painting or a rare bolt. Simple as that.

And I bet similar papers for IBM or Microsoft would fetch a similar sum of money if not more if they would ever surface and end up in an action.

To all you sickly Apple haters, grow up... If you don't like Apple then stay away from these topics and don't infect the forums and sites with your pointless trolling and hate. Doesn't do anyone good.

As for Wayne he had a lot to lose, and who knew back then that Apple would become as successful as it is today. It's always easy to ridicule and laugh at him today when we got history as evidence, not as easy when the future isn't written and you got a lot of personal stuff at risk, remember that a lot more companies crash and burn than become successful. And this happened in the very infancy of personal computing, so it was a brand new market and development.

motheninja

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2011
It's pretty scary and sad how retarded some of your replies are in here, but I guess your personal hate overshadows any reasonable thought processes you might still have.

It's really tragic.

One doesn't need to like Apple to see the historical value of these papers, Apple is one of the most successful companies in the modern computer era and will go down in history with giants like IBM, Microsoft, Sony and others. And Apple using their own business methods surely managed to take the world going their own way instead of doing what everyone else did before.

If you can't at least see the historical value of these papers then you're plain dumb. The monetary value of these papers can of course be questioned, but as always in an auction the one that pays the highest wins, regardless if it's a TV, piece of papers, old painting or a rare bolt. Simple as that.

And I bet similar papers for IBM or Microsoft would fetch a similar sum of money if not more if they would ever surface and end up in an action.

To all you sickly Apple haters, grow up... If you don't like Apple then stay away from these topics and don't infect the forums and sites with your pointless trolling and hate. Doesn't do anyone good.

As for Wayne he had a lot to lose, and who knew back then that Apple would become as successful as it is today. It's always easy to ridicule and laugh at him today when we got history as evidence, not as easy when the future isn't written and you got a lot of personal stuff at risk, remember that a lot more companies crash and burn than become successful. And this happened in the very infancy of personal computing, so it was a brand new market and development.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Sad commentary on civilization when a company built on deceit, fraud, and stealing from its gullible fanbase has the chutzpah to smear their faces in excrement. The sooner we bury Apple, the sooner their will more light in technology.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
You can't deny the historic value of these documents.
I'm sure the founding documents for Edsel are worth some money too.

Their only historic value is as a case study into deception and defrauding of the too-dumb.
When history books are written, it is in the annals of deception and conning that Apple will shine.

Status
Not open for further replies.