Apple iMac Display Problems Reported

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
G

It is not just the 2007 products, but 2008 as well. My husband and I recently bought an imac July 2008 and we are experiencing the same problem. I was unaware that this is a default, I thought that is how the screen just was. I drives me crazy when trying to edit photos.

G

This is driving me crazy! I am a graphic designer and when I try to look at Pantone colors, it is awful. My greens look yellow! I can't tell what I'm doing. I love macs but this is crazy

fuddly

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009
I am a graphic designer too and have a 20" iMac (2008) at home and 24" (2009) at work. My 24" is perfect...love it without any complaints. My 20" is a whole other story. I just had the hard drive replaced because it failed (after only a year), runs loud and I too have the lighter screen on bottom problem. I can actually start to see a white shadow across the bottom...which this issue had become worse after having my system serviced with a new hard drive...BUMMER!!!

The Apple store just yesterday denied a color difference, even after I powered it up at the store to show them, the difference between mine and the one next to it! Their answer, "it's within standard operating specs"...

What does that even mean? Is Apple making "standard" lemons?

G

Hello, i,ve bought an imac 27inch nehalem i7core, the first week the colours where beautiful, even on dvd. Now, one week later when i watch fore example Harry Potter, the background colours are dim, not straight or uniform. More blering.
Also, i have installed windows 7, firstly the desktop logo was beautifull blue with no contrast. Now its blerry.
Sorry for my english, i am from the netherlands.
Question: what can i do about it. I have calibrated the screen but no result.The price i have paid is over 2275 euro.

Sven

speed89

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2011
plz can someone help me?

i baught imac com and when i watching some photos
suddenly the whole screen became white
likewhat was written above
so is there any solution for this problem?

can i fix it some how???

thats my email
the_rising_speed@yahoo.com

plz contact me if you have any sort of knowledge how to fix it
and thank you

chriswan

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2010
I believe that to start with you shouldn't buy an iMac, its a rip off, but the os is quite good though espesially compared to windows

dominicus

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2011
Looks like you can still enter a reply.. is there a solution for this issue.. say a proper full color LCD screen without the color issues....
My problem is mostly corrupted colors because of the 32k maximum color issue..
Is there a true color 20 inch monitor that will work in an imac?
Keep in mind these are standard PC LCD's that apple simply co-opted, unchanged, for use in the iMac (i have a 2009 spring 20 inch)...