Apple iOS 7.1: All the Cool New Features and Fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.

notabeerbelly

Reputable
Mar 11, 2014
This doesn't fix the safari crash with a low memory error showing up in the log. Try to use a web browser (chrome included) with ipad air or mini and get a crash often, too often. This has been a bug since the release. Apple, do you care? Your ipads are unusable for more than the occasional glance at a web site.

ZolaIII

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2013
75% of those futures are more than two years present in Android. As it goes for browser out of mem crashes it's related to native Linux & BSD memory handling. & its present & on Android & iOS. On Android you can actually have choice to bay device with 2-3 GB of RAM & you can enable swap, from 4.4 Zram is a standard future with compression ratio of about 3:1. All of this don't really solve a problem a smarter apps with they one mem handling should.

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
Fixes and new features even for devices that are 3-4 years old and you get the update on zero day.Android devices can be 3-4 months old and take +6-12 months to get any new updates (excluding warranty voiding rooting of device).Another clear advantage of Apple phones over Android. A phone is more than just what OS you get on the day your purchased it. Its about the continual updates for fixes and new features you get over the years and how fast you get them when OS is updated.

irish_adam

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
Fixes and new features even for devices that are 3-4 years old and you get the update on zero day.Android devices can be 3-4 months old and take +6-12 months to get any new updates (excluding warranty voiding rooting of device).Another clear advantage of Apple phones over Android. A phone is more than just what OS you get on the day your purchased it. Its about the continual updates for fixes and new features you get over the years and how fast you get them when OS is updated.
If your device is 4 years old your warranty is already void. Also if you want your Android to always have the latest operating system then there are options, you can buy a nexus or one of those new phones that is compatible and supported by cyanogenmod. Android may not be for everyone but it gives a level of freedom that no one else provides. I kept my galaxy S original for 4 years because it was rooted and ran the latest OS, thats longer than i have ever kept a phone and i'm sure the LTE note 2 that i have will easily keep me going for another 4

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
And as usual, don't update to this if jailbroken.
why do you want to jail break your phone...there is really no need...the phone is already unlocked....android is a different story....don't have any control, really

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
Wow, people getting upset over an OS they don't use (or like) because it got an update? Pathetic.

And I see we have sone 12 years olds putting "i" in front of a word to look clever. What a brilliant idea.

imakuzim

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2008
This is a forum buddy! People come here to criticize and compare! That is what tech forums are for! Now run along to your apple forums if you do not like it.
I don't think there's any comparison and criticizing. I only see envy and hate.

Jay Viradiya

Reputable
Mar 20, 2014
A waterproof tablet? Fantastic!! Oops not fantastic I consider it as Tab-astic, indeed a Tab-astic Revolution. Finally a tablet which is nearly a laptop has arrived- in fact a Play-station certified laptop. The next expectation from Sony by People's desire- would be Windows OS in tablets. Hats off to Sony and their Tech-explorers!You can also visit on:http://techwaq.com/ultra-slim-water-proof-sony-experia-z2-tablet-featured-latest-android-tech-pleasing-tablet-market/

Status
Not open for further replies.