Apple Launches iPhone Trade-in Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

daekar

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
It says that they will accept any generation iPhone. To me, that's exceedingly generous given the age and obsolescence of the early models. I wonder what recycling or refurbishment arrangement they have going?

I don't like Apple products myself, but there's something to be said about their customer service if your near one of the Apple stores.

They've actually been doing things like this unofficially for at least six months that I know of. I even know someone whose phone was dropped in a sink full of water. They took the no-longer-functioning phone into the Apple store and was given a new one for the old one+$120 even though it was outside the warranty period.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
meh, they're gonna resell for a huge markup. gamestop just got shitted on, theyve been selling preowned iphones for about a year or so, now nobody is gonna go there

damianrobertjones

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
"I don't like Apple products myself, but there's something to be said about their customer service if your near one of the Apple stores." - Not every person has a positive experience of Apple... Be it the stores, support forums or tech. That goes for ALL of the oems.

leon2006

Distinguished
I had an IPHONE 4S a few months after it was released. It is my most reliable smartphone...I had htc, and Samsung phones before. I don't even plan to replace or trade in my phone. Its a perfectly working device at excellent condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.