Apple Opens eBay Store with Refurbished Products

Status
Not open for further replies.

blakbird24

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
This is very un-Apple. If it's for real then i'm impressed. Although it is sorta silly because customers will be buying used Macs at prices they would pay for NEW anything else...and that's just to have old hardware in a pretty case.

grit5

Honorable
Nov 2, 2012
[citation][nom]vaughn2k[/nom]... and they're selling it almost the same price of buying a new one...[/citation]

Because they come with a 1 year warranty and the option to extend to a 3 year warranty. Same as a new product

G

These refurbished macbook pros are about the same or more expensive priced than with the education discount at my university for new.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]grit5[/nom]Because they come with a 1 year warranty and the option to extend to a 3 year warranty. Same as a new product[/citation]

So that someone excuses it to be the same price of a new one? Lol....

halcyon

Splendid
The deals aren't that bad if you're not an Apple hater (or you're an adult). You get a warranty, new batteries (in ipod/ipads) and they make sure they're in new condition.

jn77

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
Checked the link out..... why not just buy a new one..... wait, I would not buy a new one....lol....... epic fail.

Maybe Apple can sell me a IIfx or a IICi, or what would be even cooler...... a Mac LC........ that was the last time Apple was "cool"....... we are talking about vintage 1994 products......

The biggest issue with Refurbish product is the warranty. Why pay 10-20% less on an electronic and get only 1 /3 of the warranty at best. A refurbish product is claim to be "as new" so it should have at least 3/4 of the warranty. I wouldn't touch any refurbish product with a 10 foot pole especially laptop in that case.

k7mm

Honorable
Nov 15, 2012
All those people who have Apple care....they bring in their broke stuff...this is where all of it will end up.

Apple has the same failure rate if not more as any manufacture.

[citation][nom]jn77[/nom]Checked the link out..... why not just buy a new one..... wait, I would not buy a new one....lol....... epic fail.Maybe Apple can sell me a IIfx or a IICi, or what would be even cooler...... a Mac LC........ that was the last time Apple was "cool"....... we are talking about vintage 1994 products......[/citation]

Those are older than 1994. 1994 would be the first generation of Powermacs. Those you listed came out in 1989-90 and ended in 1992-93. Although those first Powermacs were amazing.

My 7100/66AV with 72MB RAM, 2MB VRAM, 2x CD-ROM, 17" 800x600 screen, and 2GB Fast-Wide SCSI hard drive was blazing fast.

grit5

Honorable
Nov 2, 2012
[citation][nom]shaun_shaun[/nom]what is the difference between Apple products and Refurbished Products ?[/citation]
Not the same cost as a new Apple. Usually 100-300 off for computers(a few seconds is all it takes to actually know what you are talking about these days)

[citation][nom]k7mm[/nom]All those people who have Apple care....they bring in their broke stuff...this is where all of it will end up.Apple has the same failure rate if not more as any manufacture.[/citation]
As stated earlier, these refurb products come with the same exact warranty coverage as a new unit, no 90day crap like most others companies(esp 3rd party resellers)

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
[citation][nom]dimar[/nom]Clicking on New iPad (3rd Generation), takes to refurbished ipads. Looks like scam to me.[/citation]

That's because any 3rd generation iPads on there would be refurbished. They are on 4th generation right now

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
[citation][nom]dextermat[/nom]The biggest issue with Refurbish product is the warranty. Why pay 10-20% less on an electronic and get only 1 /3 of the warranty at best. A refurbish product is claim to be "as new" so it should have at least 3/4 of the warranty. I wouldn't touch any refurbish product with a 10 foot pole especially laptop in that case.[/citation]

All apple refurbs come with a full 1 year warranty, with option to extend it to 3 years. Identical to there new products.

Status
Not open for further replies.