Apple Patents 'Smart Shoe', Alerts You When It's Worn Down

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

growup

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2011
We'll never advance or evolve with technology, space exploration, etc. with all these patents....but you can't stop a company if they keep raking in money from the idiots. Seriously patent a shoe product and they dont even make shoes...thats like an ice cream store doing a patent on the water engine xD

wgfdarth

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013
Finally, I don't have to look at the bottom of my shoe! All these years of seeing that flat corrugated rubber has been killing me. Yay for the future, yay for Apple. *shoots self*

G

stupidest idea ever. But I guess you need to get those lawyers to do something since Apple has so many of them. So their plan is to patent everything, then wait for some opportunity and sue someone.

G

It's Nader Bumps for shoes! You wouldn't want to have "Unsafe at Any Speed" reference your walking pace now would you. ;)

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Does that mean that simply looking at my soles would open me up to a patent infringement suit from Apple ?
I have to remember not to check in public then or some iPhone user snaps a pic of my violation and reports it to the iPolice :)

Cazalan

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
And I'm sure the decades of crash test dummies none of them have shoes with sensors to determine how much force/damage a human foot will take from various crash vectors.

whiteodian

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
I think I can just look at my shoes and tell when they need replacing. Congrats Apple on possibly a useless patent, but I'm sure they will find a way to get money out of it such as lawsuits or licensing.

Status
Not open for further replies.