Apple Patents the Ultra Wide Touchpad for Notebooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gulli

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
Pretty soon they'll be patenting buttons, and after that, moving your fingers in a downward motion and finally breathing. The sky is the limit in an east Texas court!

[citation][nom]Gulli[/nom]Pretty soon they'll be patenting buttons, and after that, moving your fingers in a downward motion and finally breathing. The sky is the limit in an east Texas court![/citation]
Luckily, I own the patent for raising the middle finger. They can not patent that, but as a consolation prize, they get that gesture every day.

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
[citation][nom]Gulli[/nom]Pretty soon they'll be patenting buttons[/citation]
And then they'll declare war on all button-kind.

Steve Jobs hated buttons with a passion and I bet Apple is still on a crusade to eliminate as many buttons as possible.

btw: Apple trackpads are really good, but I doubt anyone could get an "ultra wide touchpad" to actually work.
No software is smart enough to eliminate all accidental inputs.

evang

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2010
What are the advantages of this? A simple sensitivity adjustment makes a normal sized track pad more then adequate for common laptop uses. Anybody who needs more precise movement will just plug-in a mouse anyways.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]evang[/nom]What are the advantages of this? A simple sensitivity adjustment makes a normal sized track pad more then adequate for common laptop uses. Anybody who needs more precise movement will just plug-in a mouse anyways.[/citation]

Oh god, I could imagine Apple patenting the touchscreen, no-click mouse.

I hate the current patent system and all the abuses there of that allow anyone to patent or own the rights to everything and anything just short of a full birth human. I hate civilization as it exist as it is some sick twisted system of domination and control. I hope it all goes back to the dark ages for a while just to make people appreciate knowledge and technology. It isn't nor should it be a cash cow but to improve the quality of life but instead companies like Apple or Exxon ect are prime examples of providing minimum to no innovation while maximizing profit at the least expense. In the end the best tech and ideas never get used but are owned. Copyright and Intellectual rights while being the optime of hypocrisy are slowly killing off any real creative expression and free thought in this world.

drwho1

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
I have patented the "I let her touch me all she wants" follow by my other patent "I touch myself if she doesn't" .... hehehe

Thankfully for Apple they can still fill out the form for the "sleep on the dog house" patent.

nycteris

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]Do they have a working prototype?No?Then, they should STFU.[/citation]
You don't know how the patent process works do you?
Oh you don't?
Then you should STFU.

G

A[citation][nom]danraies[/nom]I feel like this joke is kind of obligatory for this article, but still...Next up: Apple to patent patenting things.[/citation]

Apple patent patents?

ajay_vishvanathan

Distinguished
May 9, 2009
anyways.. what difference does it make to a user with wide or normal touch pad??? the smaller one is clumsy.. sightly bigger would do.. but wide?? no one is going to use that much of space!! c'mon apple.. stop patenting sh*t..

ajay_vishvanathan

Distinguished
May 9, 2009
[citation][nom]nycteris[/nom]You don't know how the patent process works do you?Oh you don't?Then you should STFU.[/citation]
lol.. House.. he means that even if you have an idea you can patent that.. not just if you make the idea into a product..

ivyanev

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
in my opinion touchpad should be in the right side of the keyboard:just like mouse is.Of course this will only work with 15-17+ inch laptops.

guardianangel42

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]Oh god, I could imagine Apple patenting the touchscreen, no-click mouse.[/citation]
Not sure if being sarcastic, but I'll say this anyway; it's called the Magic mouse. They did that already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS