Apple Patents to Transforming Headphones Into Speakers

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wilem_WAR246810

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009
I'd imagine that if Apple really did make this and it does automatically go louder when u adjust it's position then iSHeep suddenly have it loud while wearing them around their head(ensuing temporary rage and shock), they'll still think it's innovative and remarkable, then keep justifying it

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
[citation][nom]wilem_WAR246810[/nom]I'd imagine that if Apple really did make this and it does automatically go louder when u adjust it's position then iSHeep suddenly have it loud while wearing them around their head(ensuing temporary rage and shock), they'll still think it's innovative and remarkable, then keep justifying it[/citation]

Or Samsung will copy it, sell it for 20% cheaper and allow some customization. And Android fanboys people will call that "innovation".

wilem_WAR246810

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009
[citation][nom]wemakeourfuture[/nom]Or Samsung will copy it, sell it for 20% cheaper and allow some customization. And Android fanboys people will call that "innovation".[/citation]

Tell me, aside from generic rounded corners and sliding icons, what did they copy from Apple? Maybe you should look at the pull down menu that Apple copied which is actually blatantly a clone feature

serendipiti

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
[citation][nom]serendipiti[/nom]Customer: My iUsedToListen went into speaker mode and got me deafApple: Your ears are holding the headphones bad. Well, that won't pose a problem once you get your RFID implant, Customer: I already had my RFID implant, and my immune system is holding it bad...[/citation]

FBI Warning on patent infringement upon intellectual property of Apple: "Holding it bad" jokes are intellectual property of Apple

[citation][nom]wilem_WAR246810[/nom]I wonder if lying down wearing this would suddenly make it loud[/citation]
I am with you on that I would never buy one of these (my kids will get my Sennheisers only after I am dead!), but at the same time this would not be difficult to do. 1 sensor detects the orientation of the device, while another sensor detects if an object (like a head) is near by. It would be no more complicated than a phone knowing to turn the screen off because you put it up to your ear.

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
[citation][nom]wemakeourfuture[/nom]Or Samsung will copy it, sell it for 20% cheaper and allow some customization. And Android fanboys people will call that "innovation".[/citation]

Oh you mean other than copying 100% fully touch smartphones and tablets products and their design...?

But wait iOS copied notifications from Android, whereas Android itself is a copy of iOS...

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]InvalidError[/nom]I wouldn't want to have a pair of those on my head when whatever detection circuitry glitches and suddenly decides to start the amplifier.Another problem is that higher output means larger speakers and larger speakers are usually less linear at low output so sound quality could be a problem.[/citation]
If sound quality was something that was present in Apple's mind, they wouldn't shit the iPhone, iPod,... with that thing they dare call a headphone.

billgatez

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012
What's apple Patenting here? Headphone that can be speakers? Because all large headphone can already do that.
Puting a amp in a set of headphones? There are plenty of headphone that already have that.

wilem_WAR246810

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009
[citation][nom]wemakeourfuture[/nom]Oh you mean other than copying 100% fully touch smartphones and tablets products and their design...?But wait iOS copied notifications from Android, whereas Android itself is a copy of iOS...[/citation]

I'm starting to think you're a die hard Apple fan from these exaggerated comments defending it. First of all the only element they [truly] copied were GENERIC rounded corners, the only thing Android copied is sliding icons even then it was released way before iOS was unveiled. Samsung just sticks to the simple generic design, just coz Apple has the same thing they start suing crazy then guys like you actually fall for it and believe them.

ChromeTusk

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2010
The US Patent office better not approve this filing. The only thing Apple will do to headphones is add "circuitry in order to detect their position".
Manual fix already used on existing headphones with swivel cups --> built it volume control!

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
[citation][nom]wilem_WAR246810[/nom]I'm starting to think you're a die hard Apple fan from these exaggerated comments defending it. First of all the only element they [truly] copied were GENERIC rounded corners, the only thing Android copied is sliding icons even then it was released way before iOS was unveiled. Samsung just sticks to the simple generic design, just coz Apple has the same thing they start suing crazy then guys like you actually fall for it and believe them.[/citation]

Android was released on after the first OS on the iPhone. That OS on the iPhone became labelled iOS.
I have no idea where you're getting that Android was released "way before iOS", when first it was released after.

Perhaps you're confusing when Apple labelled their iPhone OS to iOS which happened a year or more after they released the iPhone (which was before Android powered phones).

wilem_WAR246810

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009
[citation][nom]wemakeourfuture[/nom]Android was released on after the first OS on the iPhone. That OS on the iPhone became labelled iOS. I have no idea where you're getting that Android was released "way before iOS", when first it was released after.Perhaps you're confusing when Apple labelled their iPhone OS to iOS which happened a year or more after they released the iPhone (which was before Android powered phones).[/citation]

oops my mistake read wikipedia wrong

martel80

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2006
Turning up the volume is not enough. Headphones need a different frequency/phase response than loudspeakers to achieve comparable sound. Try turning up your headphones and listen from a distance - it's going to sound like crap.

wilem_WAR246810

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009
[citation][nom]sony headphones[/nom]http://headphones-earphones.co.uk/ [...] headphones sony headphones are the best headphones[/citation]
I've tried a pair at a Sony Store once, it was around the same price of my Koss Portapro but sounded tinnier

jerm1027

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011
[citation][nom]wilem_WAR246810[/nom]I've tried a pair at a Sony Store once, it was around the same price of my Koss Portapro but sounded tinnier[/citation]
Please don't quote spam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS