Apple: People Will Upgrade to Macs, Not Win 7

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nexus52085

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
[citation][nom]keither5150[/nom]@V8venomApple on I7 processors today .... nobody needs that kind of speed.Apple on I7 processors once they finally adopt them.... Look at us with the fast processor only two or three years after the rest of the world.Tell us what decade was it when Macs had superior anything?Boot camp did not help my neighbors $6000 Mac Pro play Crysis. I assumed that his Mac pro could play the game at the same settings as my rig. It looked like a slide show. I have since built him a gaming rig for $1600 that is far superior to his mac. It even encodes and burns DVDs faster.Macs are a joke. The mac os is okay once you get used to it. But the average Mac user knows nothing about computers. He gets his information from commercials and brainwashed apple sales people.[/citation]
I agree with that whole heartedly. Building a $1600 PC rig that outperforms a $6000 Mac? Totally doable. I have a top of the line AMD quad core with 8GB of DDR-2 800 RAM, DVD-burner, 500GB boot drive and bought at the beginning of the year for 600 bucks. Tell me Mac users, how much would that cost you? Of course, EVERYONE knows that PC is the king of computer gaming.

ravewulf

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
Schiller reasons that those running Windows XP machines may view the upgrade to Windows 7 as too complicated and daunting, giving customers a reason to ditch PC for Mac instead.
Yes, because upgrading to the newest version of the OS you have had for years is MUCH more difficult than changing to a completely new OS that is incompatible with any program you have ever bought or downloaded.

Seriously, where does Apple get all this BS?

dc_webster

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2002
[citation][nom]Eccentric909[/nom]While the post was long, I enjoyed reading it and it hit home to me, since those are many of the reasons I prefer Win to Mac. Good post! I also take it English isn't your first language?[/citation]

Hehehe - unfortunately English is my first langauage. I just tend to be too "wordy" and probably try to be too expressive in my posts. Also, I don't tend to spend a lot of time simplifing posts to be an easier and more natural read (and therefore be better English I guess). ;) In future I think I will have to be more concise ;) Thanks for your kind words - good to strike a cord with another ethusiaist. Cheers :)

rajaton

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]reminds me of when i worked for a computer help desk. one wacko called saying that he expected that the company he buys the computer from teaches him how to use it[/citation]
I get that all the time :p The look on their faces when I give them a copy of Windows for Dummies cracks me up every time :p

Status
Not open for further replies.