Apple Releases Patch to Fix Power, USB Problems in MacBooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idonno

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
OMG, you mean Apple isn't perfect! Who would have guessed? I'll take an Asus Zen over a MacBook Air any day.
Of course to be honest that really isn't saying much since I'd also use an abacus before I gave Apple any money towards a computer and two cups and a string before I gave them anything towards a phone.

And yea, I realize that's a little over the top but, that's just how deep it goes!

mortuum

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012
Apple seems to have a lot if issues with power management. We've heard a lot of rumors about exploding iphones and whatnot, a few months ago we had a recall of 1st gen and 2nd gen ipods and before that a patch for ipod touch. I guess for a company that won't conform to eco-friendly business models energy waste is in the price...

knight_of_baawa

Distinguished
What--did Apple run out of Magic Unicorn Dust so that they actually have to resort to patching their OS, admitting that it's their problem and not in the way someone holds the product?

G

What? they didnt blame the issues on "Your holding/using it wrong?"

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
77mb is about the size of the windows 7 service pack if you use Windows Update to install it(not the stand alone package)

Smells like a service pack to me! =D

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Since when is a simple patch news?

I find it disgusting how they don't even state what exactly was improved and by how much.

On the bright side, at least they actually did something about it.

Dude it's the economy. Importing Unicorn dust from Rainbowland is expensive and their looking to cut costs. Paying Indian programmers to fix the problem is cheaper then importing Unicorn Dust from Rainbowland. So sad when you've gotta actually resort to fixing problems rather then making them magically go away. What's the world coming to, next they'll be fixing security loopholes and antivirus software, the shame of it.

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]Idonno[/nom]OMG, you mean Apple isn't perfect! Who would have guessed? I'll take an Asus Zen over a MacBook Air any day. Of course to be honest that really isn't saying much since I'd also use an abacus before I gave Apple any money towards a computer and two cups and a string before I gave them anything towards a phone.And yea, I realize that's a little over the top but, that's just how deep it goes![/citation]

Anti-apple holy war on the forums by a bunch of sexless, pubescent, teens...

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lowk8ifYRa1qcxgplo1_500.png

You may need to have some sex and take a chill pill, believe me, it works ;)

"And yea, I realize that's a little over the top but, that's just how deep it goes!" LMAO!!!!

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]amk-aka-Phantom[/nom]Since when is a simple patch news?I find it disgusting how they don't even state what exactly was improved and by how much.On the bright side, at least they actually did something about it.[/citation]

Next, we'll have updates about my roommate's Dell Optiplex and it's power supply.

Can we have real news updates that don't appear a week before on other sites and less of this crap. Tom's, I love you, but this isn't news (Unless your planning on posting this for every hardware company). My Belkin USB hub had a firmware update this week, why didn't you post about that? LMAO :)

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]K2N hater[/nom]You guys done with the bashing?[/citation]

LMAO :)

/sarcasm

"APPLE UPDATE?!!? I WANNA PUNCH A BABY!!! RAAAWWWRRRR"

/sarcasm

Idonno

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
[citation][nom]sapathy[/nom]@Idonno That's just dumb.[/citation] You may think so but, I believe in the power of consumerism so I link my spending with my conscience. I do my best not to give money to companies I find morally repugnant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS