Apple Rumorama: Tablet in Feb '10, $800-$1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

thackstonns

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
[citation][nom]c_schwab[/nom]It looks like it would be very awkward to use.[/citation]
depends 9 inch square like pictured would be dumb, however 9 inch widescreen would be fine. Like a netbook tablet. Although with what little specs I see, looks like it wont do much. I want a atom prosessor on a tegra core and a 720 p 10 inch tablet. Enough for hd video, and office apps. wouldnt play to many fps on a tablet to care about that. bejeweled would work fine

chaohsiangchen

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
Something tells me that Apple Inc. will kill this project before 2010. $800-1000 is simply too much for average consumers, especially in this economic rough time.

bungee91

Distinguished
May 16, 2007
Fancy screen or not who is going to pay $800-1000 for it!
I'm not sure their target market but at this price it will fail miserably!

aracheb

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
umm
with the rate of explosive ipod, itouch leaving scar on people faces and jumping 10 feet high. (for something so small).

Something this big could easy star a one megaton bomb change reaction..
it could blow away my house...

aracheb

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
umm
with the rate of explosive ipod, itouch leaving scar on people faces and jumping 10 feet high. (for something so small).

Something this big could easy star a one megaton bomb chain reaction..
it could blow away my house...

doc70

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
Any tablet/netbook or small notebook that features Pixel Qi or similar screen - I'm game! Outdoors readability (true readability, not given by 1000+ nits that drain batteries in 1 hour )is a must in my opinion and it's a shame we don't have it yet, with all the technological advance. I would gladly pay a 200USD premium for such a screen versus a faster proc or other fancy stuff I don't need when on the road.

amabhy

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2009
This would be a dream for terrorists...

No more carrying bombs around, just carry around a large apple product!

LOL!

kri77777

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
$800-$1000 is a very low price, especially for an Apple product. My company easily spends triple that every time the new Mac Books come out. My last tablet cost $2000, and even the newer ones cost at least $1,500 (Lenovo ThinkPad X200). In fact, I am tempted to dismiss this rumor for the simple reason that it is that cheap. Apple's cheapest computer starts at $599 (Mac Mini; not portable, no screen, low specs). Meanwhile, the Macbook Air starts at $1499 and their cheapest laptop, the base plastic Macbook is $999. I highly doubt that they will produce a tablet computer for less than their cheapest laptop, unless it is just going to be a larger version of the iPhone (which, while a good unit, can not replace a full computer). Plus, the cost of a multitouch screen has got to raise the cost substantially, meaning it would have to cost more than their cheapest laptop.

G

The price point does not work. This is just conditioning by rumor so a low price of $500 seems worth it when they announce it.

theLaminator

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
So I'm guessing thats a full touch screen QWERTY keyboard on it? In that case I have no use for such a product, I like my actual keyboard to much.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
At 9" this thing has to be 4:3 or it will be just plain awkward to use. Widescreen that small would make doing anything on the device annoying as hell.

Doesn't matter anyways. I was planning on buying one of these but not for $800-$900. If it was around $500 I might consider it but not going to pay full notebook price for a tablet powered by some in-house CPU designed by Apple.

[citation][nom]kri77777[/nom]$800-$1000 is a very low price, especially for an Apple product. My company easily spends triple that every time the new Mac Books come out. My last tablet cost $2000, and even the newer ones cost at least $1,500 (Lenovo ThinkPad X200). In fact, I am tempted to dismiss this rumor for the simple reason that it is that cheap. Apple's cheapest computer starts at $599 (Mac Mini; not portable, no screen, low specs). Meanwhile, the Macbook Air starts at $1499 and their cheapest laptop, the base plastic Macbook is $999. I highly doubt that they will produce a tablet computer for less than their cheapest laptop, unless it is just going to be a larger version of the iPhone (which, while a good unit, can not replace a full computer). Plus, the cost of a multitouch screen has got to raise the cost substantially, meaning it would have to cost more than their cheapest laptop.[/citation]

PC notebooks are not comparable to Apple's supposed tablet - PC tablets have keyboards, and can, essentially, work as fully-fledged notebooks. This is just an oversized iPod touch.

griffed88

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
[citation][nom]frozenlead[/nom] This is just an oversized iPod touch.[/citation]

How do you know? You've only seen a picture, and it could possibly look nothing like that. Wait until Apple actually announces it to pass judgement.

kingssman

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
What I would like to know is what Mac can bring to a Tablet market that HP and other Tablet makers have not?

Course i did say that about apple when they announced the smartphone, PDA market which i doubted would dent the likes of Blackberry and Palm. then poof, Iphone

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
"processor from Apple's own P.A SEMI"

Wow that would be one of Apple's quickest fails yet. I thought they would need to atleast announce the product before they fail with hardware.

G

At first sight it doesn't look like it's going to outperform the mini netbook sector.

tektek

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
And somehow by some odd unexplained event.. APPLE turns out to be the one who FIRST CREATED THE TABLET PC!! just like it did with the MP3 player.. and the PDA..eh. i mean Iphone...

Status
Not open for further replies.