Apple Sells Half a Billion iOS Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
And the investors expect infinite increase in profits.

Me? Everything has to go down eventually. Unless if it turns into a monopoly that somehow avoids legal sanctions.

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
LOL, here comes the 'droid fanboi anger and Apple hate, lol

Quote totally applies:

"Impressive... Most impressive. Obi-Wan has taught you well, you have controled your fear. Now release your anger, only your hate can destroy me." - Vader to Luke

Sent from my Nexus 7

pacomac

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
[citation][nom]zybch[/nom]Its really not appropriate to include seriously gimped devices like the recent ipod minis as running iOS.[/citation]

Only the full size iPods are included, which function no different to an iPhone.

marcolorenzo

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
[citation][nom]stickmansam[/nom]I find it funny that people always expect profits to always increase etc....How is that even possible?[/citation]

Why not? As long as the population keeps growing, this is only natural.

G

Well done Apple. Now they need to ditch OS X and put IOS on the Mac. It is clear with the success of not only IOS and the fantastic iPad, but also Metro, Surface and Windows 8 that the desktop paradigm is now dead. Get IOS onto the Mac and then Microsoft will have to notch their high standard even higher for Windows 9. And the winner will be the consumer. Although my pastor is a big Metro fan, he is also very supportive of the iPad. God bless Apple and God bless Metro

[citation][nom]marcolorenzo[/nom]Why not? As long as the population keeps growing, this is only natural.[/citation]
Population keeps growing, yet the total amount of intelligence stays the same...

[citation][nom]Jhomas Veal[/nom]Well done Apple. Now they need to ditch OS X and put IOS on the Mac. It is clear with the success of not only IOS and the fantastic iPad, but also Metro, Surface and Windows 8 that the desktop paradigm is now dead. Get IOS onto the Mac and then Microsoft will have to notch their high standard even higher for Windows 9. And the winner will be the consumer. Although my pastor is a big Metro fan, he is also very supportive of the iPad. God bless Apple and God bless Metro[/citation]
The sarcasm is strong with this one....

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
[citation][nom]marcolorenzo[/nom]Why not? As long as the population keeps growing, this is only natural.[/citation]

Population can be a helpful thing when it comes to profits. But demands change. It's also not like such devices are a necessity, if we were talking about food you would undoubtedly be right at-least in the demand although agriculture f advances could always spring up and create much more food and actually cheapen the price. So even in the case of necessities population growth doesn't always mean larger profits as the world changes in much more ways than just population.

Also think back to your childhood, assuming your of adult age of course. What were the "in" things at the time of your childhood? Now ask yourself how much is that still relevant today? When I was little the Atari 2600 was the most owned home console in the world. Population has grown around the globe but you don't see demands for the Atari 2600 today. The products you see now will have the same fate. Apple's growth in profits will not last forever, nor will Apple last forever. It may outlive every person alive today but nothing lasts forever whether it be a demand for the popular tech toy or the company that makes it.

G

Hooray for Metro! Metro YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!! Whenever I use the tiles, I feel liberated from years of desktop drudgery! Please don't let Linux take over!! Metro for the win!!

Shin-san

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]And the investors expect infinite increase in profits.Me? Everything has to go down eventually. Unless if it turns into a monopoly that somehow avoids legal sanctions.[/citation]Actually, the investors are getting shaky about AAPL.

G

The Big question is: why is Apple not supporting desktop GPUs connected through thunderbolt, and why has the few windows PCs that have thunderbolt are not being offered in the US, or have become unavailable? PC makers say that they want to move beyond the desktop PC, but for the Video editors and graphics folks, the desktop still is a necessary tool! Laptops could be usefull for video editing and graphics, but only if there can be the possability of a high speed connection to some form of expansion box with a more powerfull GPU or xeon phi coprocessor! Apple, Intel, and the PC makers have lost their way, with this thin and light craze, but the gamers, graphics, and others are waiting! The best selling laptops currently are not the ultrabooks but the budget laptops! People are just not that intrested in their main computers being that light, they have tablets for that in addition to ther laptops, I have been waiting for Thunderbolt to make its way into windows laptops in the $600-$800 range but I will have to wait a lot longer, Intel really screwed up with their focus on thin and light, and Apple could be on Top if thay could develop a thunderbolt PCI expasion box for their Macbook PRO line of laptops with a xeon Phi rendering coprocessor or GPU accelerated rendering/video encoding!

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
[citation][nom]Shin-san[/nom]Actually, the investors are getting shaky about AAPL.[/citation]
Good thing investors have nothing to do with how many people like Apple products and still buy them. Or the fact a large number of iOS customers this year have been NEW customers who previously never owned an Apple product.

People always think its the fans who support Apple which is completely false. Apples installed base is growing substantially.

mugiebahar

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010
Why does everyone hate on iOS? Just like nobody shoud hate Android or WP8. It's not like its anyone has to buy the others if you don't want to, but I see this whole debate really is stupid. I mean like what you like, be confident that you made the right decision and not justify it by degrading another product. At the end of the day you need competition to have better products. Some exceed in different areas. All the platforms are good and deserve some respect as to what they bring to the table.

madjimms

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
[citation][nom]mugiebahar[/nom]Why does everyone hate on iOS? Just like nobody shoud hate Android or WP8. It's not like its anyone has to buy the others if you don't want to, but I see this whole debate really is stupid. I mean like what you like, be confident that you made the right decision and not justify it by degrading another product. At the end of the day you need competition to have better products. Some exceed in different areas. All the platforms are good and deserve some respect as to what they bring to the table.[/citation]
IOS doesn't offer ANYTHING superior.

madjimms

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]Population keeps growing, yet the total amount of intelligence stays the same...The sarcasm is strong with this one....[/citation]
I don't think he's being sarcastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.