Apple to Offer 25% Off Macs on Black Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoder54

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
Not true. They could be doing it for a few of reasons: 1) get more market share, 2) decrease inventories, or 3) pull people into their stores so as to expose them to their products. There may be other reasons, but it is just a one day thing and is actually a good way to advertise. They won't loose money.

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
[citation][nom]Parsifal57[/nom]I thought apple were doing well, this would seem to indicate otherwise, since Apple rarely discount anything[/citation]
They have been making tons of money. That's why they can afford to make some deals for Black Friday. Apple is interested in expanding their audience too, have you seen the Mac vs. PC ads? That's why they are doing this.

Transmaniacon

Distinguished
The fact that the company can lower its prices by 25% and probably still make a considerable profit is a sign its charging way too much. If permanently reduced their prices by 25%, it would be a serious cause for concern for Microsoft...

subaru41

Feb 6, 2006
WOW!!! So apple will finally have their macs priced at a normal price, instead of their regular screw job of a price. SO for one day apple will not bending over their customers and doing them from behind.

war2k9

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
I need the discount to be 35% off I might buy one and learn how to use a mac.
Nevertheless apple are willing to give discount to buyer are always a good thing.

V8VENOM

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
25% of a MacPro fully loaded -- I'm there, I need a 2nd MacPro so I can off-load rendering via Cluster using QMaster.

I see the grass humper Windows fanboys are back posting -- go enjoy your Windows 7 PC and desktop ads. Really this thread is not for you, it invalidates all your long held BS beliefs about Apple.

Let me see what the stock ticker says, hmmmm ... Apple's trading at $205 a share now -- that's up $65 per share from a year ago (46% increase). Let me check what Microsoft's share price is ... oh $29 per share, that's up $4 from a year ago (16% increase). Yeah I can see that Apple aren't doing well ... oh brother, the retards.

I see you're on the ball there Subaru41 with your double post "W" ... hahaha.

toastninja17

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
No, it isn't enough to tempt me. Want to know why? Because it's still Apple. I dont' want a product that is designed to break or do something similar RIGHT as the warranty expires. No thanks.

On a separate note, give my godly amazing Asus gaming laptop iChat and Garageband, even if I have to pay for it, and I'll be happy.

ptroen

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
Most of Apple's profit comes from the Iphone and Ipod. Apple IS doing well right now but it's not cause of their PC. As netbooks's get cheaper their will be more strain on Apple's business. I mean you have phone vendors like RIM/Nokia/Ericson/etc... pushing out phones with more memory/features all the time. And on the computer side the PC outstrips the Mac in overall compatibilty of Apps/features. However Apple has always had a niche but their plenty of reasons to be nervous about Apple.

V8VENOM

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
How about you list those "reasons to be nervous about Apple."? But before doing so, please list how many Apple computers you currently own and your frequency of usage.

G

Upto 25% =/= 25% off all items. I guarantee you they won't be selling their MacPros for that big of a discount. If I'm wrong, then grats to all the people who get it at a reasonable price. Apple makes good computers and they do what they are built to do. You are paying for the name and for the same price you spent on a Mac, you can almost always build a PC that runs circles around the Mac.

Abrahm

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
Up to 25% off? That might actually bring them down to the price range they should be at prior to the Apple Tax. Even if the Macs were a full 25% off it would still be too expensive and not worth it.

sunflier

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Anyone notice the brochure?
Select Apple Stores

Am I missing something here??

Does anyone know which "Select Apple Stores" will have these discounts?

I guess for other Apple stores you pay full price on Nov 27th?

Yoder54

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
[citation][nom]Transmaniacon[/nom]Lol yea, cleaning out the old inventory after thier recent hardware update haha[/citation]

If you understand anything about capital sales, then you understand that it is always a good thing to have low inventory...new products or not. Keep the inventory low and you keep manufacturing up. To have a big inventory also indicates that the product is not moving. Also, even if the profit is minimized as long as you have capital flowing in then all is well. Capital does not flow while products sit in inventory.

cscott_it

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
[citation][nom]V8VENOM[/nom]25% of a MacPro fully loaded -- I'm there, I need a 2nd MacPro so I can off-load rendering via Cluster using QMaster.I see the grass humper Windows fanboys are back posting -- go enjoy your Windows 7 PC and desktop ads. Really this thread is not for you, it invalidates all your long held BS beliefs about Apple.Let me see what the stock ticker says, hmmmm ... Apple's trading at $205 a share now -- that's up $65 per share from a year ago (46% increase). Let me check what Microsoft's share price is ... oh $29 per share, that's up $4 from a year ago (16% increase). Yeah I can see that Apple aren't doing well ... oh brother, the retards.I see you're on the ball there Subaru41 with your double post "W" ... hahaha.[/citation]

I didn't see any blatant Apple bashing going on.

I know some people that are interested in this, and if decent iPods are on sale, then I'll be able to finish up my Christmas shopping.

Status
Not open for further replies.