Apple to Shut Down Failed Social Tool 'Ping'

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

any article with apple and shut down in the title will brighten my mood

greghome

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
[citation][nom]ekgjlgkj[/nom]any article with apple and shut down in the title will brighten my mood[/citation]

How about this?
" Apple lawsuit leads to Samsung Shut down in America " :p

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Unrelated question...

Why are most postings in a BLACK font but every once in a while a post (with no thumbs down!) shows up in a light grey font ?

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
Apple, the company you love to hate!

seriously though, there are enough social networks around that it's time the herd started thinning a bit. File this up on the shelf with the apple newton and the pippin and call it a day.

Next up, MySpace.

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]Unrelated question...Why are most postings in a BLACK font but every once in a while a post (with no thumbs down!) shows up in a light grey font ?[/citation]
I believe it's if the poster chose "negative" as the comment style, as I did with this one.

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
[citation][nom]internetlad[/nom]I believe it's if the poster chose "negative" as the comment style, as I did with this one.[/citation]

disregard that, i'm wrong and triple posting. wheeee!

dotaloc

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
C:\Users\nchapman>ping ev.ery.on.e

Pinging ev.ery.on.e with social music software:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for ev.ery.on.e:
Packets: Sent = tons, Received = few, Lost = tons (99.9% loss),

jackbling

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
On topic:
It is funny to think of the small group of people who have relied on Ping as their social hub for years. I cant believe they kept it live this long

Off topic:
I hope samsung sues apple for their new nano

hate machine

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
Awww, I didn't get to see future lawsuits regarding Apple's litigation aimed at the Estate of Mike Muuss for the trademark infringement of his Ping utility.

ravewulf

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]Unrelated question...Why are most postings in a BLACK font but every once in a while a post (with no thumbs down!) shows up in a light grey font ?[/citation]
As far as I know, it means the user only recently created an account on Tom's. If you go to ekgjlgkj's user page you'll find that the join date was today.

G

@Freggo: is you don't sign in/register, it simply allows you to comment as "anonymous," with an identifying handle of your choice. Idk what you meant by the "no thumbs down" bit, so yeah.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
The problem with a social network tied to iTunes is that only people that use iTunes are able to use it. Given that the majority of iTunes users are probably using it on Windows (and it barely works there) where people aren't likely to use it, the available user base is pretty small.

jn77

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]How about this? " Apple lawsuit leads to Samsung Shut down in America "[/citation]

Yes, and directly following the win by Apple, their stock lost 25% as more people know know about Samsung and Samsung's stock rose by 25% making up for the money they lost to Apple because consumers are not stupid.

In other news Apple lost 25% of their profitability following the Lawsuit against Samsung....... I guess that fine did not mean much in the end.

aracheb

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
[citation][nom]jn77[/nom]Yes, and directly following the win by Apple, their stock lost 25% as more people know know about Samsung and Samsung's stock rose by 25% making up for the money they lost to Apple because consumers are not stupid.In other news Apple lost 25% of their profitability following the Lawsuit against Samsung....... I guess that fine did not mean much in the end.[/citation]
don't know where you get your news, i was happy to read this new you posted but after looking around is all the opposite, apple stock rises after they beat Samsung in court.

Status
Not open for further replies.