Apple to Use AMD Fusion CPUs for New Apple TV?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tolham

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
[citation][nom]Pei-chen[/nom]How would AMD/ATI/Anti-Apple fanboys take this news? Hard to criticize Apple if it running AMD hardware I suppose.[/citation]
i think most non-Apple fans take issue with Apple's marketing and pricing more than anything, with the software being the next issue. the only hardware complaint i've ever really heard any noise about is the faulty antenna on the iphone 4 and that's a design flaw.

Jax69

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2007
may the Sun shine upon your path AMD:)lol, it was about time. the aquisition of Ati is now being paid after a long and hard battle with monopoly king Intel.

lauxenburg

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
AMD will slowly be implemented into the Apple lineup. Things like video cards are easy to put in. Putting in Apple TV is the next step because it does not use Mac OSX which does not support AMD processors at this time. Apple's next task is to get Mac OSX to work with AMD processors.

togenshi

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2008
Personally if I was getting something like Apple TV, I would naturally go for a mac mini instead. Mac OS X already comes with built-in media player (command + esc).

Also Mac OS X already works for AMD cpus. Its not optimised but it still works. Eg Hackintosh

G

why isn't any of this stuff manufactured in the US or Canada.. jobs for this going where??

Status
Not open for further replies.