Apple UK Admits Samsung Didn't Copy the iPad (Sort of)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[citation][nom]marcolorenzo[/nom]I'm sorry but you must be freaking blind or delusional.[/citation]

An *apology* that is literally just saying that the UK court is wrong (also ignoring the fact that Samsung has more countries backing them than Apple does and the countries that Apple has are those that are notorious for incompetent legal systems, such as my own home, the USA) and not actually an apology, but a denial of their mistake, being called as it is, is delusional to you?

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]tobalaz[/nom]I'm American and none taken. After all, a court ordered McDonalds to pay a large sum of money to some stupid lady who spilled her coffee on herself because she was holding it between her legs. I can't imagine anyone fielding a less competent legal system.If I were the judge that issued the apology order, I'd have tacked on Samsung's court costs as a part of the settlement, and for every day a fitting apology was not posted Apple would pay a 20 million dollar fine that would go to funding the public school system by purchasing non-Apple pcs for the children.[/citation]

actually they sued for medical bills
from wiki
Liebeck sought to settle with McDonald's for $20,000 to cover her actual and anticipated expenses. Her past medical expenses were $10,500; her anticipated future medical expenses were approximately $2,500; and her loss of income was approximately $5,000 for a total of approximately $18,000.[15] Instead, the company offered only $800.

it was only after that point, that she went for broke and sued the hell out of mcdonalds.
mcdonalds decided to be a complete douchebag, and offered little less than 10% of total cost.

what you have to remember is the only way to get a company to EVER change, is to hit them as hard as you can in the wallet.

you also have to look at a law suit with the eyes of someone who is bartering. say you want 100k, a fair ammount for what ever wrong you were incurred. do you start out saying you want 100k? hell no, you say you want 1 million, that leaves wiggle room for layers to take you down and make them feel like they did their job, and gives you space for whatever the judge decides on.

--------------------

that said, i would slap apple with a sales ban untill they decide to obey.

-------------------

on a side not that ruleing on windows is retarded... 7 billion for putting IE on the computer?

G

Was the court order suppose to be an apology? or an acknowledgement that Samsung didn't copy? I was under the impression that it was meant to be a public acknowledgement that Samsung did not copy Apple's design and it doesn't seem to say anywhere in the judge's comments that they have to apologize. If that's the case then there is no breach of court order.

[citation][nom]Jwoh[/nom]Was the court order suppose to be an apology? or an acknowledgement that Samsung didn't copy? I was under the impression that it was meant to be a public acknowledgement that Samsung did not copy Apple's design and it doesn't seem to say anywhere in the judge's comments that they have to apologize. If that's the case then there is no breach of court order.[/citation]

Apple didn't acknowledge that Samsung didn't copy, they specifically stated that Samsung did copy and that several other courts agreed with them. Whether or not it's supposed to be an apology isn't even worth arguing over because the much larger issue at hand here. Apple basically said that this court was wrong, so they should receive further punishment from the court. The only thing that I can think of in this situation that could have been more against the court's decision would be to start up another lawsuit.

anti-painkilla

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
I hope that the UK courts and Samsung do not accept this.

This is in no way what the courts asked. All it says it that there was a ruling by the UK courts in favour of Samsung and that they have had better luck in other courts for patent trolling.

Apple, please stop this crap and we will hate you less. Your cult leader has gone. Disband the lawyers.

Lucky for me, i dont like apple products, and i dont like their policies.
This means i am capable of ignoring the company. I can understand why Govermenents want Apple in their country, since the taxes it brings must be massive, but dosent change te fact that Apple is abusing this position of power.

Now, on a side note, i always liked Samsung (Monitor HDDs are Samsung, and the only reason why i dont have a Samsung Gaming Laptop is because i bought one before they released the 700G), and i also think their products are high quality ( except a phone i bought that has a 5 hour battery life time... that one sucked ), and most importantly, looks for how to do things better.

So While I dont really hate Apple, I rather eat meat.

jwoh

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012
[citation][nom]blazorthon[/nom]Apple didn't acknowledge that Samsung didn't copy, they specifically stated that Samsung did copy and that several other courts agreed with them. Whether or not it's supposed to be an apology isn't even worth arguing over because the much larger issue at hand here. Apple basically said that this court was wrong, so they should receive further punishment from the court. The only thing that I can think of in this situation that could have been more against the court's decision would be to start up another lawsuit.[/citation]

Well they acknowledged the court outcome publicly so therefore they've addressed the court order. They can say whatever else they want so long as they've addressed the court order.

It does't matter either way both companies a perpetuating the same bullshit, and equally bad products its just for some reason Apple is the only one that cops the flack and Samsung sits there looking innocent.

And if any of you actually cared about quality products you wouldn't buy Apple and you wouldn't buy Samsung. I Don't give a shit about people and their loyalties to these brands. If you want the market to improve buy from Asus, HTC, Motorolla. The sorts of brands that don't have as much say. That would force those bigger companies to actually be innovative in their designs.

[citation][nom]jwoh[/nom]Well they acknowledged the court outcome publicly so therefore they've addressed the court order. They can say whatever else they want so long as they've addressed the court order. It does't matter either way both companies a perpetuating the same bullshit, and equally bad products its just for some reason Apple is the only one that cops the flack and Samsung sits there looking innocent.And if any of you actually cared about quality products you wouldn't buy Apple and you wouldn't buy Samsung. I Don't give a shit about people and their loyalties to these brands. If you want the market to improve buy from Asus, HTC, Motorolla. The sorts of brands that don't have as much say. That would force those bigger companies to actually be innovative in their designs.[/citation]

Apple didn't admit that they were in the wrong like the court ordered, they simply stated the courts decision. That's not following the court order.

Samsung is the victim in this, that's why they don't get the flack. They only got into this well after Apple did and they did so because of Apple attacking them first. It's merely self-defense.

The products aren't even bad, so IDK what you're ranting about there. The whole issue is about Apple not wanting to accept that they're not the only company allowed to be highly successful in the mobile markets and using anti-competitive practices in an attempt to kill off the major competition. If HTC, Asus, or Motorola had as much market share as Samsung, they'd be Apple's targets instead of Samsung.

Status
Not open for further replies.