Apple Unveils 4G iPad with Retina Display, Quad-core Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

kawininjazx

Distinguished
May 22, 2008
It's hard to believe that the A5X will be four times as powerful than the Tegra 3, we will have to wait for benchmarks. However, if we wind up getting $200-$250 Tegra 3 tablets, you are getting more bang for the buck.

All this news is expected, nothing really rocked our world but I'm sure it will sell like crazy.

kawininjazx

Distinguished
May 22, 2008
And by the way, if they come out with an A7X chip, I hope Avenged Sevenfold sue them for name infringement, it would be nice to see them on the other side of lawsuits.

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
[citation][nom]kawininjazx[/nom]It's hard to believe that the A5X will be four times as powerful than the Tegra 3, we will have to wait for benchmarks. However, if we wind up getting $200-$250 Tegra 3 tablets, you are getting more bang for the buck. All this news is expected, nothing really rocked our world but I'm sure it will sell like crazy.[/citation]
The SGX543 MP2 in the A5 is not 2x faster on average then the GPU in Tegra 3. That chart isn't just oversimplified, it's downright misleading. They can probably pull up a performance bench somewhere to backup their claim, but that would be the exception and far from the rule.

G

I dislike Apple BUT!!

This is an interesting bit of kit, for the same price, and way better spec for your money.. It will sell better than all other tablets put together up to date including pad 1 and 2!

Now when can I have that pixel density in my 24" screen! I will pay for it, no problem.

DaddyW123

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
I wouldn't be surprised about the graphics performance vs tegra 3. Before anyone bashing me for being a Fanboy - I am all the way android, but I do have respect where respect is due (and Apple as a company has no respect due). But anyway, I remember seeing benchmarks where the Tegra 3 was only slightly better than the iPad2 in some respects. So I'm actually willing to bet that A5X quad core will benchmark quite a bit better than Tegra 3.

Now that's hardware to hardware comparison. On a whole, I'm still waiting for that perfect Tegra 3 tablet. I'd like an 8ish", Tegra 3, 16gb onboard with SD Reader for expansion and HDMI out. Is that too much to ask? I feel like all those 7"ers are just a bit too small for me, and I don't want to lug around a 10+". The perfect size for me is the Galaxy Tab 8.9, but it's not Tegra 3, and it doesn't have an SD Card reader (even though the 7" Galaxy Tab Does come with an SD Card reader - what's that all about?).

But I digress.

G

maybe im just cynical but is this truly a quad core gfx chip or is it a dual core chip with and additional 2 media accelerators.....

motheninja

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2011
[citation][nom]obsama1[/nom]ASUS Transformer Prime > Every other tabletEnd of story.[/citation]

no wonder, you are a dumbass. The Transformer Prime was pulled for a reason and Asus launched a second version in the same year for it being so shitty. the iPad 3 > Transformer Prime = iPad 2 > Transformer > iPad 1

shardey

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
[citation][nom]motheninja[/nom]no wonder, you are a dumbass. The Transformer Prime was pulled for a reason and Asus launched a second version in the same year for it being so shitty. the iPad 3 > Transformer Prime = iPad 2 > Transformer > iPad 1[/citation]

Were you not informed that this isn't the iPad 3 or iPad HD, simply the "New iPad" :)

jezus53

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2011
[citation][nom]Classzero[/nom]xbox 360 = Foxconn[/citation]

Not that I'm supporting him, but the xbox 360 isn't being praised for having superior build quality and parts.

subaru41

Feb 6, 2006
Still no USB, still no expandable memory, and still no access to Flash (or Java, Shockwave, Unity, etc.) ... so that's 33% of websites that you still can't access on the iPad. I will stick to my Transformer Prime and iPad 2 that I was given from my work until a tablet with x86 comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS