Apple Wants 8 Samsung Phones Banned (So Far)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

izajasz

Distinguished
May 12, 2011
[citation][nom]DarkPGR[/nom]Go Apple! Finally a well done veridict. Google should be shaking now too, both with fury and fear, since Android is little more than an iOS ripoff (and a really bad one at it).[/citation]
Apple fanboy , do you know that iOS copied almost all best solutions form android ? Apple is so hyporcitic... They copy themselves... American patent law is crap .

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
[citation][nom]beayn[/nom]Because being the largest company in history isn't enough. They want to continue to expand by stomping out the competition instead of coming up with new ideas.[/citation]

Currently largest company, there have been a larger company before that was valued higher but a certain "writer" here wrote his headline wrong because of shrouded fanboy eyes rather than facts! The article even CONTAINED the real numbers proving how wrong the headline was!

boogalooelectric

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
[citation][nom]robochump[/nom]What? How is Apple stomping the competition when the competition is stealing ALL of Apples ideas?!? If the competition wants to beat Apple then make better products instead of copy cat. Latest example is Samsung's Chrome Box, tell me that doesnt look like a MAC mini! lol[/citation]

How is Samsung stealing all of Apples ideas when the Iphone uses several Samsung patents?

Wouldn't that mean that Apple is Stealing from Samsung too? Thus the high price tag you pay for your Iphone goes directly into Samsungs profit since Apple has to license those patents. Boy that must not sit well with you eh?

busuan

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011
It's free to steal ideas, so said MS Windows. But to copy the implementation of an idea is NOT allowed, so said the jury to Samsung.

xpeh

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
I personally think that design patents shouldn't exist. I'm sure that if Samsung takes something from Apple and improves it, Apple will sue them.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]robochump[/nom]What? How is Apple stomping the competition when the competition is stealing ALL of Apples ideas?!? If the competition wants to beat Apple then make better products instead of copy cat. Latest example is Samsung's Chrome Box, tell me that doesnt look like a MAC mini! lol[/citation]
A lot of mini-itx case manufacturers should be suing Apple for the blatant copy of their boxes that were released almost 5 years before the mac mini.

G

All 8 phones are based on earlier design anyway. Samsung already have newer and more powerful phones and tablets out based on Android 4.x and that looks a lot different from Android 2.x. Does this really matter in the long run? Samsung will sell off those remaining inventory in other countries and just market a whole different series of models which Apple has no claim over. Unless Apple is going to claim even Android 4.x is copying Apple design again, and if they do, they might as well claim Windows 8 copying Apple design as well.

yobobjm

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012
This is just apple using our poor legal system to essentially monopolize smartphones. I mean, who else makes good smart phones? HTC has 1 or 2, but the rest aren't that good, so if they take away the good competition they are essentially becoming a monopoly.

burmese_dude

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
If I can copy Jimmy Fallon's "thank you" comedy bit... it'll go something like this.

Thank you Steve Job and Tim Cook.

Your company, located in my state and just an hour drive from where I live, makes me want to root against you and I will. I don't know how you did it but you did a wonderful job of making me dislike your company a lot. Instead of rooting for a local company, I root for a company located in a different country. You guys are amazing.

Regor245

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
aw5091.gif

cburke82

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011
robochump obviously has not looked at a car in some time lol THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME and the phones samsung is getting banned for do not look like I Phones nor do they restrict you half as much as I phones. An I phone is for someone who wants something to be as easy as possible and a top tire android phone is for people who want to best tech out and want to be able to do more with that tech. Both phones are needed and Apple is full of itself if it thinks it can keep doing thins without its customer base eventually realizing what its trying to do. And that would be corrnering the market so they can charge what they want and dont have to keep improving there phones so fast so that they can make more profit. Once upon a time it was apple that was the little guy and Microsoft was the big bully but it seems apple has forgoten there roots.

lmlim

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2008
Why don't samsung and others just sell smartphones without OS? Just like some Laptop makers do.

and we (buyers) just download the OS from the net. that way apple cant sue them anymore.

jecastej

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2006
Does exist any justice to convince someone who already fixed his position on one side?

The system is never perfect and there is much to improve, but on this verdict I think they did it right.

techy74

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
I am still surprised Samsung puts up with Apple. I was under the belief the Samsung supplied some of the components to Apple for their phone. I am surprised that Samsung does not 'turn the tap off'. Samsung needs to: dont like us competing with you, then get a new supplier.

deicided

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
I can see it now...The year is 2016 and on the verge of tearing itself apart, a gust of wind blows an old newspaper across the ground the headline reads Apple VS the world: Apple claims their patent of taken oxygen in and expelling carbon has been used by people the world over. Apple is skynet and we won't see it until it's to late.

anastasios912

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
::Currently raising a middle finger to Apple::
Whilst using a Galaxy S2 and an iPhone 4 simultaneously.

Thanks for being a bunch of pricks Apple, seriously. As if you don't make enough money already.

Status
Not open for further replies.